Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of internet exploder?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the past I have tried several browsers and always ended up going back to IE. Monday I decided to try to break away from IE6.whatever again and began using the new Mozilla browser Firefox PR. So far I like it as well and in some instances a lot better than IE6. It's faster, doesn't choke on topics where there are bunches of pictures (Nep forum for instance), and I can open bunches of windows without it crashing. In IE, if I opened a bunch of windows, it would begin to bog down and eventually crash resulting in me having to close IE completly and reopening it and starting over. I've had as many as 20 tabbed windows opened and loading in Firefox at the same time with out crashing it or having wierd things happen to the text or pics being dropped. It loads pics a little faster and more reliably. I haven't yet had it time out on photos in any topic with lots of pics. IE would get to the point where it would quit loading pics and I'd have to refresh the topic to see them. Sometimes I'd have to refresh several times.

It's not all sugar & spice & everything nice though. Some things I was use to doing in IE, such as creating a short cut to a web page on my desktop by right clicking and selecting "Create Shortcut", I can't do in Firefox. The tabbed windows takes a little getting used to also as does some of the layout and commands.

I'm about to the point though, of porting all my Favorites to Firefox and only using IE if I have to.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Firefox since our IT guy at work said it was more secure than IE a few months ago. I love it! I like the tabbed windows, and find it fast and reliable. It's got a killer Google toolbar too!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock, since posting this I discovered how to create a shortcut on the desktop, so one more "con" down the tube. The other nice thing is you can customize what you want and how it looks by downloading extensions and themes. I like the search bar too, because at the click of a button you can go from searching Google to searching Ebay to searching Amazon or dictionary.com. Plus you can add more search engines. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firefox is my favourite browser and been using it like a year back and I like the better security, popup blocker, google toolbar, and can't forget about mouse gestures [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Tabbed windows is the best feature besides mouse gestures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't tried the mouse gestures but I like being able to block popups and adds without haveing to use another program.
    ---Steve Allinger---

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marc.boullet...nsions-en.html If you want to try out mouse gestures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Firefox and others since last November, I believe I was using Mozilla.
    I love the tabs and I've been using it on both Windows and Mac.. I'm using a different interface, I love that it's customizable.. the Bookmark system is easy to sort through and I actually use it...
    The best parts are definately the pop up/Security controls and the Google bar.. I use that ALL the time.. even though my homepage is google.. I have Dictionary.com, Google, Google images, IMDB, Live Journal, LEO German-English, and thottbot...

I'm still on 0.9, but I'm guessing PR means Preview Release? or something.. must be 1.0
    2.0 Burmese Python
    0.0.1 Sandfish
    2.4.1 Leopard Gecko
    1.1.13 Beardies
    0.2 Desert Tortoise Hatchlings
    -Wish list-
    Candoia SP.
    Frilled Dragon
    C.Quadricornis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I "think" PR is Public Release and you're right it's 1.0
    ---Steve Allinger---

My Grow List

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast