Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pizza

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Bought a bag of Masa, achiote powder, dried corn husks etc. and made tamales from scratch
    *drools* ok... we better stop or I'll have to go eat something... and there's nothing in the fridge!!!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 27 2004,8:14)]We need an exchange program. We'll send some of our mexican chefs over there in exchange for some pizza chefs for out here. Deal?

Capslock [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Sounds good to me!
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATE pizza [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img]
    I have never eaten an entire slice in my life.
    I had to take a few bites when I lost a bet.
    I hate all cheese too.
    I do LOVE all japanese food however, especially japanese steak house type stuff and fried octopus balls. I got some at a japanese heritage festival yesterday. I also like japanese snack foods and sodas, like pocky and lichi ramuen (sp)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....octopus balls
    you mean balls as in.... I don't think I can say it here...?
    because octopuses don't HAVE those... they have spermatophores though
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the closest we have to real pizza is Sabarros but otherwise its Godfathers, etc...
    Now Mexican I don't give a darn if any resturaunts have real mexi cause I make my own mexi food. I am true to the food. The only food Americans do good is American.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The octopus balls Slurm meant was: tiny pieces of octopus in some seasoned batter and cooked into balls:
    Reeeaal good. Healthy too. I guess that's the benefit of traditional Japanese food, it's tasty and wholesome at the same time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Amori

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Sep. 27 2004,8:02)]Good thing about Los Angeles is that there is a variety of food here. There's even a street that has just Ethiopian food. And plenty of REAL mexican food too, I might add! As for pizza, I know of a place here where real New Yorkers say it's great. It's not the same of course, but at least the "experts" say it's on par. There's also a place here that imports NY city water to make pizza, but I've never been there.
    I was SO distraught about the lack of decent pizza that I asked my brother, who is a Flavor Chemist, still living in NYC, to send me recipes for the pizza sauce. He told me that the reason why the pizza tastes so good is because of the NYC water. That tidbit of info just blew my mind. The water?! Who woulda thunk it?

I'd also like to put in a plug for NYC and Chinese food and cheesescake!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NYC water is really high quality, so good that half the time i water my CP's with it.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast