What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pizza

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I think the closest we have to real pizza is Sabarros but otherwise its Godfathers, etc...
Now Mexican I don't give a darn if any resturaunts have real mexi cause I make my own mexi food. I am true to the food. The only food Americans do good is American.

Joe

The octopus balls Slurm meant was: tiny pieces of octopus in some seasoned batter and cooked into balls:
o-takoyaki.jpg

Reeeaal good. Healthy too. I guess that's the benefit of traditional Japanese food, it's tasty and wholesome at the same time
smile.gif

Amori

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ Sep. 27 2004,8:02)]Good thing about Los Angeles is that there is a variety of food here. There's even a street that has just Ethiopian food. And plenty of REAL mexican food too, I might add! As for pizza, I know of a place here where real New Yorkers say it's great. It's not the same of course, but at least the "experts" say it's on par. There's also a place here that imports NY city water to make pizza, but I've never been there.

I was SO distraught about the lack of decent pizza that I asked my brother, who is a Flavor Chemist, still living in NYC, to send me recipes for the pizza sauce. He told me that the reason why the pizza tastes so good is because of the NYC water. That tidbit of info just blew my mind. The water?! Who woulda thunk it?

I'd also like to put in a plug for NYC and Chinese food and cheesescake!

NYC water is really high quality, so good that half the time i water my CP's with it.

Bill, there's good mexican food around here. We have a lot latin american immagrants here, so they've brought some of their flavor. This one place in particular will make the guacamole at your table...yummy.

And oh, the margaritas.....
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]it's tasty and wholesome at the same time
well, not if you fry everything :p
I've only tasted octopus once and didn't like it.... but then again, I don't like shrimp that is cooked that way. I did taste calamari once and it was good...
but the octopus balls do sound good :p

Want great food?? Go to St.Louis!! I still miss the pizza from there. Wonderful Italian food, continental cuisine, fantastic steaks, and lots more. However it's not the place for Mexican food...for that you can come to Houston
biggrin.gif

I'd initiate another topic, but since this one branched into Medican, I'd like to voice my complaint about finding decent Chinese food - especially egg rolls. Once you get away from NYC and the vicinity, everything tastes horrible! nothing I have had in Buffalo (except for a "hole-in-the-wall'' family owned business) or in PA is any good. I'll bet Philadelphia's Chinatown would have good Chinese food.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 27 2004,6:33)]NOT coke. nor pepsi... they both suck :p
Excuuuuuuse me? Pepsi is my ELEMENT! *drinks Pepsi straight from the 2-liter bottle*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 27 2004,12:53)]americans think that mexican food=tacos...
No. Mexican food=the nachos at Dogs R Us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 27 2004,2:13)]lol. I used to like taco bell but then the sauce made me sick and now I don't even feel like trying out anything else...
If you want food that makes you sick, try the nachos they give you at the fast food place at the Pavilion in Myrtle Beach. The last time I went there (second time.. with my cousin Justin and his friends.. it's an amusement park.. it rox meh sox), I ate some halfway through the Pavilion and the rest of the time, for a LONG time, I felt an upchuck comin' on. Finally, right before we were about to go on a ride, I ducked under the rail and bolted for the bathroom and threw up.. I felt SO much better. Them nachos are nasty, man.. and it WAS the nachos, not the rides. Trust me, I can handle A-N-Y ride.

Today's moral: if you can't decide whether the cheese sauce is hot or cold.. DON'T EAT IT.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]at the fast food place at the Pavilion in Myrtle Beach
not all nachos are like that... or you wouldn't have said that.
besides... I don't really like nachos. there are way better things.

Did I say "nachos"? No. I said "nachos they give you at the fast food place at the Pavilion in Myrtle Beach."

Back