What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pm pal? email pal?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Years ago, before our former Vice President invented the internet, if we wanted to communicate regularly with our buddies using the written word - we wrote them a letter. They were called "pen pals". What do we call them now? Email pals? PM pals?

I usually use the term "buddy", regardless, but sometimes use "E-friend" or "E-buddy" if I'm talking to a "reallife" friend about something I heard from a friend online...
Many of the folks I've "net" in cyberspace have become actual "real life" friends, too, though, so for me the distinction gets pretty blurry

Yeah you realy can become friends with people you message board with. I`ve met chicken chat people before but never any other cpers.???

Chicken chat people? The mental image struck me as humorous. Aside from the people at work and a neighbor, I have only met two other forum folks - JBL once, and Elgecko thrice.

Thats cool. I`ve me pipermark from chickenchat.

well I've met a number of CPers from here at BACPS.. and another CPer from Live Journal at the BACPS..
I've also met for lunch in San Diego with a guy I met on Everquest..lol

As a name for people you meet online? Buddy works just as well as anything I'd imagine.

I really don't think there is a distinction between a "real" friend and a "cyber" friend. I call them just the same, usually when I want something hahahaha! What are friends for? I have met Pyro, Ozzie, and NeP G and hope to meet many more of my friends.

I just call them friends, except Tamlin, sometimes I don't know what to call him.

Back