What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nature pictures set #1

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are some pictures of my nature photography.

post-24-1096087567.jpg

post-24-1096087621.jpg

post-24-1096087782.jpg

post-24-1096087730.jpg

post-24-1096087892.jpg

post-24-1096088118.jpg

post-24-1096088215.jpg

post-24-1096088263.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.

Very nice, a couple of questions. What kind of camera did you use (film or digital)? Do you have the ISO value for each picture? What model camera did you use? (ex. Canon EOS Elan 7N)

wow cool! let me guess... is the first butterfly a pearly crecent? (or something like that) the second one has to be some sulphur of some kind... blue heron, house fly, sea gulls, cane toad??? if not, then an american/fowller's... but it looks strange. the other one is a bluetail?

Wow! You're good at that! I wish I could manipulate a camera like that!

Capslock

Wow, those are amazing pictures! You are quite the photographer!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 26 2004,7:22)]wow cool! let me guess... is the first butterfly a pearly crecent? (or something like that) the second one has to be some sulphur of some kind... blue heron, house fly, sea gulls, cane toad??? if not, then an american/fowller's... but it looks strange. the other one is a bluetail?

Thanks for the comments.

The toad is an American Toad.
Sea Gulls of some kind.
Pearly Crecentspot
2nd butterfly Malachite
Great Blue Heron
The shadow of a House Fly. Taken from under a leaf it was sitting on.
The dragonfly I can only guess, maybe some kind of Skimmer.

wow.. I've never seen an american toad like that! reddish, (actually I have seen red fowller's toads... but not reddish american toads) no blotches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 26 2004,6:31)]Very nice, a couple of questions. What kind of camera did you use (film or digital)? Do you have the ISO value for each picture? What model camera did you use? (ex. Canon EOS Elan 7N)
Thanks. Sorry I missed this the first time I replied.
Most of the images are from a digital camera, a few are scanned pictures. Some pictures with a 3 MP and a 5 MP camera.
The ISO rating is the lowest my camera will go, which is 100.
I use a Sony DSC-707 5 MP camera.
The pictures are much sharper then they appear here. I compress the heck out of them to make it nice on the 56K users.

FROGGY, FROGGY, I LOVE FORGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

All the pics are so BEUTIFUL, thanks for sharing.
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

Back