What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange dreams

well, I'm bored and I've got nothing to do (homework doesn't count...
biggrin.gif
)
I love dreaming. For some reason I've had a dreamful week... the day before yesterday I dreamed that I lived in my dad's workplace (along w/ other people... he lives in Mexico and I hadn't talked to him/been there in a while so why I started dreaming about there? no clue) and I was walking along, it had been raining and so the ground was moist, and this woman comes out in her PJ's and tells me that there was a package for me in her front "lawn"... so I turn and there's this mushy box that was supposed to have CP's inside but instead has some pictures and a cake inside!!! lol! and of course I ate the cake
smile.gif
crazy dreams...

then, here's a craziest one: I was walking along a pier (for some reason it was parallel to the lake) and I see this bubling thing in the water. I stop to see what it is and holy cow I see this GIANT head!!!! I look more closely and it was an alligator snapping turtle! the head was the size of my bookbag so I was sort of scared and climbed up a pole. The turtle comes out (on two legs... LOL) and starts telling me that if I want to come to dinner and stuff (well guess who was going to be the main course? :p) and so I start running from pole to pole... you know how dreams are... and then I suddenly find myself walking with an internet friend and her husband (I've never met either of them... never even talked w/ her husband) in a forest. we come across a hole and guess what was inside? a football sized luna moth pupa!! (how did I know it was a luna moth? from it's cocoon, pupa, and anyway it's MY dream!... I've raised luna moths before so I know what they look like) it had been exposed to the surface because it had been raining so much and it's cocoon had been torn so I could see it. It was also moving... then the alarm woke me up (have you ever noticed how you remember dreams better if you wake up when you were having it? and how you are always tired if that happens?) and I had to go to school
smile_h_32.gif

just imagine if there WERE giant luna moths like that!!! it would be so amazing! they'd be prehistoric monsters that stayed in the pupa stage for hundreds of years... they'd all come out at once and they'd fly thousands of miles from continent to continent (by the way, the pupa was a male :p) in search of mates and to lay eggs.... that would bring a catastrophic de-foliation of trees all over the world!!!
so... share your funny/crazy/horrible/cool/etc dreams!
my 2 favorites (shortened up)
one time I was an astronaut and BOY did it feel good to be there! almost no gravity, every part of my body relaxed, just floating away in the silence of the moon.... ahhh...
the other one was when I could breathe underwater and I was swimming down there along with octopuses and stuff... that also felt almost like weightlessness and was really cool.

Dreams are really scary, i mean you can learn things in your dream, that you never knew, all the while the information is still coming from your head. I have many de ja vu's daily (you know, when you get that sudden feeling that this has happened before) one time it was really scary because it lasted a long time. Most of the time its a sudden feeling, then it just goes away, but this continued for 30 seconds, and it felt like i was replaying this again, i knew something bad was gonna happen, but couldn't make out what it was. It was just a fight in room 142, nothing big. The crazy thing was i already knew something was gonna happen
confused.gif
I think de ja vu's (sp?) are directly related to dreams.

Dreams also predict the future. My english teacher told me a crazy story. When she was in high school, her creative writing teacher made them keep daily journals of their dreams. Well everyday, for a year she wrote her dreams down, no big deal, just part of the assignment. Well she graduated, and 6 years later, came back to the school as a teacher (not at my school though). Well she saw her creative writing teacher and asked her for her work. Going through it she saw something startleing. She had writen down a dream about her friend. In the dream she was in a car, and her boyfriend was driving. They were going really fast and her friend was in the front, running away from them. suddenly her friend started running up to a wall, and her boyfriend hit her right on her hips. In her dream, she screamed out "not her legs, shes a dancer!!". She got out of the car, and told her friend "don't worry, you'll walk again". Well the scary thing is that 4 years after she had that dream, 2 years before she re-read her dream journal, her friend was coming out of a store and while she was walking to her car, another car came and pined her pinned her up against the wall, directly on her hips. She was handicapped and the doctor told her she probably wouldn't walk again, but a year later, she did and continued dancing. Well, she was freaked out. What my teacher had dreamed 6 years ago, really happened to her friend, but she didnt remember her dream so she couldn't recognize it. When she showed her friend, she freaked out too. It goes without saying that i started my own dream journal
smile_n_32.gif

you know, I don't have those very often... actually almost never!
I've also never dreamed I was flying, or falling.
and I've only had an outside noise (this time my alarm) in my dream. I remember I was trying to turn the alarm off and then I suddenly realize it's a dream and boom! I'm awake
biggrin.gif

I have at least 15, no exaggeration, daily. Some days i've had 50.

well i have de ja vus too (sp?) only once a day tho, anyway I had this wierd dream that I was at this restaraunt completely based on mimosa, and thena fire happened and burned all the plants, well the next day me and jeremiah went to a garden store, and i bought a mimosa, which was really cool since i had never seen one in person in my whole life, well a few days later my dogs got into it and it was ripped out of its pot, luckily it survived

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have at least 15, no exaggeration, daily. Some days i've had 50.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

GASP! ... you don't mean like going to school and coming back right? LOL!!!! that doesn't count :p

I dream only raely.

Uh the only part of the weirdest dream iv ever had that i remember was in wich i exclames

"OMG the ostrige (you know ostridge... i cant spell it)

so i was like
smile_k_ani_32.gif

"OMG the ostrige ate all the frozen raspberries!!"
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LOL!!! you mean OSTRICH?
biggrin.gif

I WAS going to start a dream journal but then I didn't dream and when I did dream it was stuff like I was hiding from velociraptors and stuff :p
so then I forgot...

Talking about your dreams on the internet? Hmmmmm.

OK, no one believes my dreams. I almost never remember mine, but when I do, they're immensely long. So here goes-

I wake up on morning and my mom is downstairs, and she tells me to come down and smother myself in bacon. I dont, and I look out the window instead. In teh distacne I see an island, far away, thats spinning around and around. Its called the Isle that Ever Turning. (dont ask) I see a bunch of tiny people on it, and wildlife and all. So I jump out of the window, and start flying towards it. Then I start walking, Idk why. So Im wlaking along, and I get to this town where friends of mine live. Their names are tyler and morgan. I go to their house, and they're there, adn I see a weird gumball machine thingy in the back, but its filled with shoes. I leave the house, and end up in a huge gymnassium filled with backpacks spaced at intervals along the floor. Everyone I know is there, and we all lay down between the backpacks. So Im next to a girl named Lauren Sarmiento, and suddenly candy appears all over the floor. I try to eat some, but she says we're not allowed to. Then she eats a bunch of cruch bars. I eat some to. Then One of my old coaches from school sees us, and kicks us out. WHen we get out, the whole town is flooded, adn a dragon in the water is breathing fire at some people firing at it. I tell them to stop, and suddenyl Im in third person, and Im on the dragons nose, and the camera swivels around me, slowly zooming out as it goes. All this peaceful music is playing and all. So I bring peace to the village. I go back to tyler's and I lost my shoes by the draggon, so I kick the gumball thing to get some new ones. It explodes, and the whole city is filled with shoes. I get some and keep going. I meet a scientist guy, and he asks me to help him research the lock ness monster. I say Ok. it turns out though, that the lock ness monster lives in the pacific ocean, and that the only way to cros its by throwing a cable across, and then strapping barrels of cannon-balls to your legs, and going hand over hand across. (remember, my dream) So me and the scientist go out over the ocean, and there are now 2 monsters below us. But he falls in and gets eaten, so I go back. I keep searching for the Isle thats ever turning. Eventually I get to a big light house, and inside is a huge maze and set of obstacles. Barney, the teletubbies, and puff the magic dragon come to my rescue and guide me through. I finally ge tot the other side and wave back at them. Then I look outside, and see that the Isle is just a cardboard set on a lego motor, with kindergardeners dancing on it. So I jump out the window and Im flying away...............
then I wake up

Yesterday morning I dreamt that I was waking up at 10:30 am, as opposed to my normal 5 am. This was a major faux pas because I have to be at work at 7:30. I had to quickly shower and call in to work. Unfortunately, my youngest kid had messed up the bathroom by getting Mandarin oranges splattered all over it and I had to clean it up before I could take my shower. Then I tried calling my supervisor, but my wife was on the phone. That was when I TRULY woke up. It was only a dream and it was only 4:55 am. Close enough.

Oh i just  had a dream! lemme write it down before i forget. It was on Super mario World for the super nintendo.
Super%20Mario%20World.gif

I havent played it since i was four but i just dreamed it. I collected aprox 2100 coins and a subscreen (in my dream) pops up that sais "congradulations, youv earned a Flat pengin! (i was dreaming in 2d).
(why birds are often in my dreams, i do not know)

the peungin was white.

Anyway it was like a freind at the bottom of the screen -of my dream- that followed you around. if there was a change in music or wether it changed shape, like ito clouds or etc. if you went into caves it turned into a stalactite.

When u approtched a grove of Douglas Firs, it transformed into a Douglas Fir (There were no 'trees' in my dream, they were all 'Douglas Firs' for some bazar reason.)

And wehen you jumped on enimies head's, the puenguin smiled. And it all went into me tying for a highscore in the hypotheticle 'game' with someone with the screen name doug. A tree, he was not.

So to break the tie we ended up chucking coins at eachoter untill one of us knoked  the opponen off of a pipe. I knoked him off

and he was turned into a tree (douglas fir)

Im not kidding thats what happened!
smile.gif

623986.jpg

I had a strange dream that I got to Rough Grouse on Friday.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
O' wait...It is true!!!
smile_n_32.gif
Woooooo!!! Thanks to Reb.

WOW nepenthes_lover -- did you eat anything bad before you went to sleep? I am literally ROFLMAO! I love how so many people have these dreams that scene jump into some of the wildest experiences ever. I love the snapping turtle/luna moth one. I was cracking up. It reminds me of a dream I had where I was having a big cp sale at my house and a customer was looking at one of my big inground bogs and when he looked inside a huge flava pitcher the BLOB jumped out of it and splashed all over his shirt! I literally woke myself up laughing. It's like...where the hell did that come from?

I love threads like this because even though it's not really cp related, it is. Keep writing folks. This is highly amusing
smile.gif

Phil

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Barney, the teletubbies, and puff the magic dragon come to my rescue and guide me through

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA!!! I can just see it now!!! that's hilarious! you all flying (like superman... you can just imagine barney's stubby arms
laugh.gif
) and all like side by side very heroic looking and tough... LOL!!! TOUGH!!

yeah, buts thats only one of mine. This summer, Ive had the most amazing set of dreams ever. I filled a whole dream diary with them. I had a huge one every single day. They're usually hilarious. Here's another, one of my favorites-

Im in the olympics, and Ive been training for about 10 years for the next event. Its a new one, only invented a year ago (warped logic, yes) and its really weird. You are on skis about a foot long, with little blades going down, like ice skates. You have to go almost vertical down a mountain, doging jagged steel spikes placed avery 3 feet. If you miss, well, it isnt pretty. There are only two guys competing against me. One of them is named paty car, and he goes to my real school. The other's a weirdo looking mexican, lol. We start off, and the mexican get thrown onto one of the poles. Its really graphic, and I could go on for pages bout it, but I'll suffice to say that it seemed to have ejected his spleen out his chest. yeah. Anyway, I keep going, and I crash into patty car, sending him flying off the slope. (winter olympics, by the way). I get the gold, but it turns out I forgot to tell my parents that I was going to the olympics. I meet my dad, and he's all mad at me for running off to another continent without telling him. sheesh, big deal dad. So over-protective. Im already thirteen. lol. Anyway, he's reall bad at reprimanding me, so he has a walkie-talkie in a paper bag, and my moms telling him what to say. But for some reason, the announcer for the race is also getting his instructions thourgh a walkie-talkie in a brown paper bag. dont ask. So the wind is blowing in two different directions at once, and somehow the two fly out of their owner's hands and get switched. SO now the announcers yelling at me, and my dads spouting statistics. Anyway, we go home, and he invites the family to the olymics to celebrate my victory. So he and my mom and grandparents, and aunts, and uncles, etc, are all in the kitchen drinking, and Im in my bedroom, looking at the medal. Anyway, suddenly velocirators bust into the room. The ignore my parents and come looking for me. However, they have no thumbs, so I shut myself in the closet, and lock myself in. I get out, and somehow I realize that the wicked witch of the west sent them idk how. Then suddenyl I standing at a portal to another world. again, idk how. My dreams jump around a lot. I figure out that if I ead her through it, I can seal her in the other realm, so I go off to lure hre there. Oh, she was after me because it turns out she was the mexicans gradnmother, idk how. So suddenly, Im dressed like link, form zelda, u know, and Im running up a hill, being chased by her and her wolves. I lead them up the mountain, but I have to hide in a minivan parked nearby, when they catch up. I drive to the top, adn run over her, and shove her through the portal.

The End

Like that one?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and the mexican get thrown onto one of the poles
sure, kill the mexican!!!
has anyone noticed how people always kill the minority groups? it's always the american that survives and is all heroic and stuff... sure, the land of equality and whatnot...

if anybody's wandering why we sleep and why we dream and stuff, here's a very interesting link: http://health.howstuffworks.com/sleep.htm

I tought the americans always got blown up?

Oh wait thats in the middle east
smile_l_32.gif

I have deijavous daily or sometimes like 3-5 times a week. nepenthes_lover I used to have dreams like that a few years back. I miss them soo much. Now the only dreams I have are nightmares. Most of them are about tornados and stuff.

The one dream I had, I was in my house and all of a sudden the whole place started shaking. So I ran into my room and grabbed my hamster and my plants then ran downstairs, herding all the other animals with me. (for some reason no other family member was there. Well all of a sudden I just black out and wake up outside on my deck and there is a tornado coming right at me. Well I turned around and started running towards the house. It was really hard cuz of the tornado behind me. Well al of a sudden a small piece of wood flies into my stomach (even though I was facing the house.) Well since I was dreaming, it didn't hurt...it just tingled and I couldn't move really well. So I slowly made my way to the door and I grabbed the knob. When I opened the door it got pulled out towards me (even though it opens inward) and hit the piece of wood farther into my stomach. That actually kinda hurt because it was like...over tingling. It felt like my stomach fell asleep and was waking up. WEIRD. Well I fell to my knees and then my back (from the wind pulling me). And I just kinda layed there in a daze (from blood loss) and felt the wind getting stronger. A couple seconds later I remember being picked up by the tornado. I was floating in the air and I got spun around so that I was acing the tornado. Then all of a sudden I was falling towards the ground. Well as I hit the ground everything went black and I heard this high pitched noise. Less than a second after impact I woke up and said "Whoa" and I immediately felt my stomach cuz it still tingled. Might I add that I am in no way afraid of tornados. I think they are awesome!

Back