Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a birdy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say tha bonobos are the smartest... I think they're even more peaceful than humans. Must be b/c females are the top guns there.
    and if you want a glowing worm, you can go to the apalachian mts. and there are glowing larvae (can't remember of what) that live in caves. They attract moths and stuff to sticky mucousy strings and they eat 'em.
    there are many bioluminecent organisms actually... (wild ones)
    there are fireflies, comb jellies, dinoflagellates, copepods, deep sea fish, even fungi! etc.. aldough many depend on bacteria inside their light organs.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why a earthworm would need to glow?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great point... maybe it's not an earthworm?
    you glow so other's can see you or you can see others... not to waste it underground :P
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps its to starle their only predator, the flightless and nocturnal bird called the Kiwi (So cute they are!) That eats eathworms

Were getting a bit off topic

Chrono how your parakeet been doing?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    their only predator? I find that hard to believe. Are they venomous/poisonous (2 diff. things you know) or something? I've never heard of a venomous/poisonous earthworm LOL or maybe it bites? LOL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the only extant native vertebrate predator. Mammles are not native to the island (save 2 species of bats), or are birds we normally think of as worm-eating, like thrusts.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see earthworms all the time even though they live underground so why wouldn't I be able to see a glowing one? ^_^ BTW Aven is doing fine. He doesn't seem to like it when I sleep in cuz he gets bored and wakes me up with his "oh so beautiful" song of DOOM. He's really stubborn. He likes me, he just doesn't want to admit it. Ive been trying to hand feed him some pineapple but he's not to sure at the moment. Which I totally understand. I think so far we've got a boundary set and as long as I don't cross it at this time, he doesn't mind. I'll take some more time. I'm just glad he's finally making some noise now! He seems to want attention...but then when I try to give it to him he cowars. He doesn't really know what he wants right now.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]He likes me, he just doesn't want to admit it.
    ROFLMAO!!!![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    and not all earthworms are the same you know... some are even endangered (or rare? can't remember) in australia. GIANT earthworms... can't remember how big either. more than a meter ...
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]He doesn't seem to like it when I sleep in cuz he gets bored and wakes me up with his "oh so beautiful" song of DOOM
    get used to it!!!!!!!!!!! every single day from now until he dies he'll be doing that.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast