Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I got a birdy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I see earthworms all the time even though they live underground so why wouldn't I be able to see a glowing one? ^_^
    Because that the island that harbors this species has 250 other species of earthworm- there not all the same!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]He likes me, he just doesn't want to admit it.
    Thats not a good attitude to have. If he dont like u yet, he s gonna act so. he may warm up if you slow down, because its sounds like your going too fast. And BTW they may not like pineapple (too acidic)
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no no you misunderstand. He kinda calls me to his cage then he acts like "well what do you want?" when I get there....it's hard to explain. It's just the vibe he's giving me. When he was in the cage in the petshop he had a whole half of the cage to himself cuz he didn't want ANYONE near his fruit block thingy. Well I read in a book that pinneapple is something that he likes. He eats it when I stick it in his food bowl. He just doesn't want me to hold it while he eats it. Another thing the reason I may seem to be going so fast is because my mom and sister won't leave me alone about him X_X 24/7 they are bugging me to bond with the bird and when I say that just being in the room is the best that he can handle right now. They call me lazy and then torment the poor guy by sitting right next to the cage and staring at him for 15 minutes!!! Then when he squawks she's like "Awwww he's singing to me" and I'm like "No what he's saying is, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME you SILLY...SILLY LITTLE GIRL!" and then she says "yeah right like you'd know" then she sticks her hand in his cage till he starts ahem "singing" again. She's a psycho I swear!!! Scary thing is that she's 18. :P HA! more like X_X
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do ALL siblings suddenly go retarded once they have a little brother?
    oh wait... I'm not retarded so no :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes!! I must corrupt my whole family!!!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im kinda coming in on this a little late, but I figure I might be able to add something as I have 10 birds (anyone in Seattle want a bird?)

What I do to get a bird comfortable with people is first clip its wings (if you have never done that before have a professional do it) then I toss a blanket over my couch and put the bird on the back of it, then I sit down on the other end and put a treat (like spray millet) in the middle and a little water dish on the far end by the bird. Then I watch TV or something..

Eventually the bird is going to want the treat enough, either because it likes it or gets hungry, that it walks down the couch to the treat and starts eating. I let it eat a little then move the treat closer, and the bird will eventually come closer and closer, then onto my shoulder.

Might take an hour, might take a week, but once on the shoulder i try hand feeding, then petting etc..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that sounds like a really good idea. But I don't want to get his wings clipped. My mom won't take him to the vet to do it. And I don't have the money right now. I guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way. I have to many cats wandering around the house to put him on my couch anyway. Thanks anyway though.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well then with your siblings and no wing clipping i dont know if this bird will ever trust any of you. you or she have given it no reason to, and first impressions are a big thing
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will the store where you purchased the bird clip the wings... they may do it for free?

if so... take my previous idea and use your bed instead of the couch! also dont get a second bird if you want this parakeet to be as tame as possible, but if you cant tame it get a second bird!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast