Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I got a birdy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    millet is those little round seeds they usually feed birds (they're bad for them if that's the only thing they eat... too much fat. I feed my birds that pellet stuff) and spray millet is those seeds in a branch. birds like to pick them of the branch.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of I have that. Yeah I put one branch in there today and he downed the whole thing in 15 hours. Needless to say...I was impressed and or...scared.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with that pellets are best! maybe mixed with some misc. grains and nuts and dried fruit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and vegetables :P

hmm.... I have a question... is it OK for my birds to eat dirt? LOL
    they love going to one of my pots and they eat little pieces of wood and vermiculite (or at least they pulverize them)... so far nothing bad's happened to them and they've been doing that for months.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not let them play in the dirt, they are not eating it, just chewing on it i would hope, but who knows what is in it? fertilizers? pestisides? I always error on the side of caution with birds as they are easily poisoned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flight when a hand is put in the cage is a normal reaction.

dont follow the bird about with your hand trying to give it food or it will only come to fear the hand
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] but who knows what is in it?
    I do [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] no fertilizers, no pesticides, no chemicals of any kind. just potting soil that's a couple of years old and water.
    and they're annoying as always (but we still love 'em [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] ) so I doubt it does any harm.
    besides, a bunch of animals like parrots and even elephants go to caves or hillsides to eat dirt. I think they even sell it at pet stores. that's where they get their minerals and stuff.... it also helps with digesting poisonous fruits and leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aven has been a little cranky today. All I hear is his MEGA ULTRA song of DOOM every once in a while. Instead of his original hit "Song of DOOM". The hit single will be out on October 15th for 2,000 dollars. Place orders with me. XD
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast