What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a birdy!

I would not let them play in the dirt, they are not eating it, just chewing on it i would hope, but who knows what is in it? fertilizers? pestisides? I always error on the side of caution with birds as they are easily poisoned

flight when a hand is put in the cage is a normal reaction.

dont follow the bird about with your hand trying to give it food or it will only come to fear the hand

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] but who knows what is in it?
I do
biggrin.gif
no fertilizers, no pesticides, no chemicals of any kind. just potting soil that's a couple of years old and water.
and they're annoying as always (but we still love 'em
biggrin.gif
) so I doubt it does any harm.
besides, a bunch of animals like parrots and even elephants go to caves or hillsides to eat dirt. I think they even sell it at pet stores. that's where they get their minerals and stuff.... it also helps with digesting poisonous fruits and leaves.

Aven has been a little cranky today. All I hear is his MEGA ULTRA song of DOOM every once in a while. Instead of his original hit "Song of DOOM". The hit single will be out on October 15th for 2,000 dollars. Place orders with me. XD

oooh I read this in a book.

Never give your parakeet a fruit that has alot citrus acid. They recommended apples, bananas, that kinda stuff. They say oranges and the like are good if they are dried. They alos said Kiwi was good

they also liked cooked corn!!!

All birds like cooked corn! Steamed seems to be the favorite with my birds

dont be insulted. they will like some and hate some. i dont think any of my birds liked the fruit you have saidyou'v tried so far

dont be insulted. they will like some and hate some. i dont think any of my birds liked the fruit you have saidyou'v tried so far

El doubleo posto. Anyway all he seems to like is the millet and leaving presents for me in his water dish. X_X ewy

El doubleo posto
that's horrible! lol
and not ALL birds like cooked corn... mine don't. see... they like EVERYTHING they're not supposed to, but when we give them nice treats that any bird would love, they just ignore it!

Back