Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Sep. 30 2004,9:25)]I am glad that Kerry was the person that ended up running against Bush. That way I am assured that we can have another 4 years of a president that has the stones to make the tough decisions and not be a 'yes man'.
    wow...people really think like this... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    In bleak description the waves come crashing; battering the very instinct of every lusting moment to fulfill this gaping desire. A mouth as dry as soot and how it once had tasted of life, fit within a momentís time; And how those fleeting days laid in the light of blissful suffering. -me

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kerry slaughtered bush. bush acted very defensive and wasn't articulate with his words, kerry, on the otherhand, is very charismatic. what kind of president calls someone a flip-flopper, honestly...

a conservative, opresssive (oh yes i went there!) president is the last thing this country needs
    Bush is just a redneck from texas who's going to get alot of innocent people killed, oh wait, that's already happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignoring the message, and just going on presentation, Kerry definately came off better...no question.
    but..the message is more important, and Bush still has the best plan, by far.
    not flip-flopping? you gotta be kidding..he so obviously flip-flopped several times in the debate!
    He said that when Bush told us the reasons for invading Iraq, he misled us.
    but Kerry himself agreed with the president then!
    Kerry fully supported and believed in that data! and agreed that "saddam must go"!
    So he basically said "When I agreed with that infoprmation, and supported the decision to invade, I was right...when president bush told us that infomation, and used it as a basis for invading, he was WRONG! even though I fully agreed with the president then..."

classic example of having it both ways..Kerry makes himself look right no matter which way he goes..and even when he does the EXACT same thing as Bush, he is right, bush is wrong..classic flip-flop!
    no question about it..

So Kerry came off as a better speaker, but he still had no message..
    he spoke very well, but about nothing..
    Bush seemed more flustered, but his message is still there..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vew the subbject of flip floping as a singh of intelegence.

As we hear information, we form opinions and side for or againt certain subjects. A truly intelegent person will seak out more information, and if information is pretty much against their opinion, they will change it.

Changing your opinion on the grounds of evidence that you feel is cedeble is a singh of intelegence in my opinion. As you lern more, are your veiws constantly chanjing on subjects the more you learn?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO FLIP-FLOP?

Heres a good example of kerrys plan. No matter what you think about anything Kerry agrees with you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Oct. 01 2004,5:34)]NO FLIP-FLOP?

Heres a good example of kerrys plan. No matter what you think about anything Kerry agrees with you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I'm not real heavy in this debate stuff and I won't revisit this post.... But, I don't understand how people are not seeing the flip-floping going on by Kerry..... But you are right ZAK... At least he agrees with *points at you* You!! hehe
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

It is not -- to use the Bush propaganda laced term -- "flip-flopping" to vote to give the President the AUTHORITY to invade Iraq AS A LAST RESORT if all the supporting evidence is TRUE and then to be against the exact time and place the President chooses to say, "war now". Bush abused his power on Iraq and is paying for that ideologically driven blunder. One can vote for the PREPARATION for POSSIBLE war without it meaning "my country right or wrong." Kerry's so-called "flip-flopping" is the reasoned, multi-layered response of a man involved in the REALITY of world affairs; Bush's "hard work", "stay the course even when my reasons to go in the first place were proven false" is the posturing of a shallow mind that has memorized a script and, like an amateur actor with little real experience, gets nervous when it must actually THINK! Kerry deals with ALL the circumstances of the real world. Bush turns it into a script and plays the play in his and his cronies' head. If that is what you want in the leader of the free world -- selling lies to save face, pursue ideology and win -- by all means vote for Bush. Just because the Repubs call John Kerry a name (flip flopper) does not mean the bullies on the playground are right -- big stones or peanuts aside.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ Oct. 01 2004,4:37)]Hello,

It is not -- to use the Bush propaganda laced term -- "flip-flopping" to vote to give the President the AUTHORITY to invade Iraq AS A LAST RESORT if all the supporting evidence is TRUE and then to be against the exact time and place the President chooses to say, "war now". Bush abused his power on Iraq and is paying for that ideologically driven blunder. One can vote for the PREPARATION for POSSIBLE war without it meaning "my country right or wrong." Kerry's so-called "flip-flopping" is the reasoned, multi-layered response of a man involved in the REALITY of world affairs; Bush's "hard work", "stay the course even when my reasons to go in the first place were proven false" is the posturing of a shallow mind that has memorized a script and, like an amateur actor with little real experience, gets nervous when it must actually THINK! Kerry deals with ALL the circumstances of the real world. Bush turns it into a script and plays the play in his and his cronies' head. If that is what you want in the leader of the free world -- selling lies to save face, pursue ideology and win -- by all means vote for Bush. Just because the Repubs call John Kerry a name (flip flopper) does not mean the bullies on the playground are right -- big stones or peanuts aside.

Bobby
    wow...people really think like this... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast