Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kerry definitely debated better than Bush. Bush looked lost, tired, and it seemed he had a bunch of memorized phrases he kept resorting to when he couldn't think of anything else to say. There is a lot of criticism of Kerry for flip-flopping, but as Finch said, what is wrong with changing your opinion in light of new facts? Shoot, if nobody ever flip flopped, we'd still believe the earth was flat and at the center of the universe. Also, I dare anyone to name a president that never flip-flopped. Sadly, it's what our presidential candidates do to get elected. I'd like to see a list of all campaign promises that were never acted upon.

I don't know who I'm voting for yet, but it definitely won't be Bush, and probably won't be Kerry. Probably Nader, just because he honestly cares about the average citizen and doesn't give any BS and doesn't seek the presidency in order to make money for his cronies, ala Bush.

If you're making millions of dollars per year, then Bush would definitely be your man. If not, he ain't gonna do you any better than Kerry. As far as national security, I see the candidates as even. Bush talks a tough fight, but his administration really screwed the whole thing up and should've gone about it in a different way. He seems to be only going on the offensive, when we need a little defense and special teams in there as well. They just went into Iraq with a bully attitude, with no thought on what to do after Saddam was done. Now the whole thing is a mess and I think it's time we get a new administration to try to undo this fiasco. I personally cannot see how anyone thinks he's a good president, unless you're in the oil industry. He's a puppet, an idiot, and the laughingstock of the rest of the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were was Ralph Nader or he could not find a horse to ride? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ZAK @ Oct. 01 2004,8:34)]NO FLIP-FLOP?

Heres a good example of kerrys plan. No matter what you think about anything Kerry agrees with you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    This was the greatest post ever my friends will get a kick out of it. I am not a republican. I am a Libertarian but Michael Badnarik has essentially no chance in hell of being elected so I will probably vote for bush. IMO John Kerry are worthless. I just agree with a few more of Bush's policies then Then John Kerry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,
    If you care for CP and your country, then you Bush supporters need to look at the Fahrenheit 9/11 film to see who you have at the top.
    For the sake of the world environment, get rid of Bush!
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kerry DID debate better than bush. he was calm and cool... bush looked annoyed many times, didn't know what to say some times, etc...
    just think about this... when talking w/ the leaders of other countries, what would you rather have... a nervous-looking, unprepared (he hadn't had mock debates...), gets annoyed easily, etc... or a cool headed, well prepared president that doesn't snow he's annoyed?? it could mean the difference between war and an agreement.
    as for the flip-flop thing, I don't see why it's such a big deal. Both of them flip-flop. I agree with finch.
    I think in the ads and stuff, bush has lied more about kerry than kerry about bush.
    Kerry also admits his mistakes. Bush is stubborn...
    kerry would be a better president.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kerry is clearly the more mature and intelligent individual. I'm not a big fan of the way he wants to play to the middle, but the "flip-flopping" charge is just childish. He explained his position clearly and coherently, to which Bush just childishly repeated the charge.

I don't like Kerry. He's part of "the machine" of politics. But for the life of me, I can't understand supporting Bush. FYI, the Iraq war is a disaster. The economy languishes, and the environment is spoiled. What's there to like?

Capslock <-- blames self-serving two-party system.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow somebody had the nerve to bring up a movie made by a total left-wing extremist, the mental midget Michael Moore!
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Kerry vote against the original Gulf War lead by Bush Sr. who did have all the backing and help that Mr. Kerry says we need now and that he would do if elected? Not to mention that Mr. Kerry talks about he would get Germany and France, etc... in on this with the right kind of diplomacy, those nations have already flatly said they will not back Kerry either and furthermore have absolutely NO intentions of helping in this war by sending troops of any kind.
    Jim Lehrer ughhhhh........he showed his biase like a red flag. Where were the questions about Kerry's voting habits, about him protesting HIS war (vietnam) while his band of brothers were still fighting, further calling them war criminals and monsters? Why did he meet with enemy leaders in Paris? Jim Lehrer was known as "Our Moderator" by the Clinton administration because of his democratic biase.

I still think Bush won it, and will be elected president again. I don't like everything about Bush but "GOD HELP US ALL" if Kerry is elected. I think the international bullies will pummel us if he is elected. I just don't feel he is strong enough to be the world leader (U.S. is the most powerful thus making us the world leader) Bilateral talks will only alienate China and China is like a big brother to N. Korea and I think they want to resolve peacefully befor allowing an outside force to intervene. If China is put off then they just may become an enemy and though we are the most powerfull, China is close for military strength.

Just my view
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans&#33;\"

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast