What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential debate

JLAP, he was the son of a senator when he went to college, his dad was not president yet. I also think the repetitive redneck remarks are not only irrelivant but childish. I know you are sensitive about people referring to you with epithets so.........
I also keep seeing one liners like Bush is a moron, Bush is dumb, etc.....Those are the kind of things uninformed people say.
I personally like debates and don't take comments personally but, if you have nothing to say except one liners then you don't belong in a debate.

Joe

Nice point my friend, I change my statement to "I find it difficult to be appointed President if you are unintelligent."

I don't know him personally, i don't have any personal reasons to dislike him. I dislike him, as a president, for the simple fact that he isn't capable of making an informed decision, as he has proved many times in the past. This war was unnecessary, and costly (in more ways than one), and when it comes to those kinds of things... errors in judgement aren't acceptable... since it affects you and me directly. The fact that i am too young is unimportant, and that isnt up to you too tell, it was my opinion, to which i am entitled to (the last time i checked). It's very easy to become a president and be unintelligent at the same time. You don't need intelligence in order to go about a good presidential campaign (i won't go into that any further). Him not being intelligent isn't my point. If it wasn't clear before, let me make it clear now. This war is doing more bad than good, and its nobody else's fault but Bush. If he wins the upcoming election, it will be another 4 years this country is led by a man that has proven in the past that he isn't capable of handleing the burden of deciding if a war is a propriate for what situation. Even if you might argue that he is "intelligent" he's been impulsively leading the country.

Don't worry, in 3 years i'll be old enough.

"Whoever wins, we lose."

I'll just bide my time and wait till I can vote. Maybe there will be someone better by then.

in that case, he's STILL the son of a senator
smile.gif
and i'm not sensitive to epithets at all.

your right, i am acting childish and it is irrelevent. but he's still way too conservative for my liking.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But should I remind you that Bush was never eleceted. He was appointed by the Supreme Court.
The American People chose Gore to be President.

Should i remind you that the senate vote is more important for electing a president than the popular vote? You lose the senate vote (im not even shure if thats what its called but...[lame exuse] i know its something similar)
you lose the race. Piriod. It has happened in the past before and will likely happen again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]JLAP, he was the son of a senator when he went to college, his dad was not president yet. I also think the repetitive redneck remarks are not only irrelivant but childish. I know you are sensitive about people referring to you with epithets so.........
I also keep seeing one liners like Bush is a moron, Bush is dumb, etc.....Those are the kind of things uninformed people say.

Thats right. Its not nice to name call. Altough it may seem that way at times apperinces can be deceiving. Im not saying they are in this case, but they can be

Iv also heard that Kerry was raised by Gay Billionares in France. And thats not nice and an misinformed aswell.

laugh.gif
Gay billionaires ? Never heard that before, but I would likely pass that off as BS myself. I don't think where or who raised either of them matters nor does being in Vietnam. I know quite a few Vietnam veterans and I would not want any of them for a president. I also seen something about Bushes brother Jeb's ex-wife coming out to talk about the Bush family. Which again bears no relevance to abilities as a leader. Just another way to sway votes and opinions with irrelevant information.
My main concern is that if Kerry is president I have no faith in his ability to keep the fight out of our country. I don't think Kerry has the feirceness, leadership and just plain back bone to keep them at bay. Whether or not Bush made mistakes, the terrorist groups are just waiting Bush to be out of office so that the again have the chance to attack at home. Yes, I know the first happened while he was in office but lets be real, he was in office a very short amount of time and the plan had obviously been put in place before he took office. Something of that magnitude takes a couple of years of planning to carry out. Which would have initially put the beginning of plans on Clintons watch. I also think that there will be a persuasion (sp?) of sorts in time for elections to try to cast Bush out, because i think they know that Kerry has a meek demeanor and will be an easier opponent.

Just my opinion
Joe

It is BS but i have not heard of anything more plausible about him thus yet

Well, I read all of this and can only say, what crap. As far as I am concerned, this political system is a disaster. Whether Demo's or Repub's, they have only their own agendas to push, and everything is for the party. Screw the party. Both of them. They have a stranglehold on this country, and are advancing themselves, and not the people. When party became more important than the people, and the government slowly took over and started running us, we lost ourselves, and started to follow blindly whatever idiot was brought to power. This government is ours, and if we expect to keep our place in the world, and keep our environment, then we have to stop parking our brains at the door, and think about truly relevant issues that absolutely need to be addressed in our own country. OK, so Kerry won the debate, big deal. Where is the stop to all the building on, draining of, and killing of our wetlands? Why bother with Iraq when the SOB who did this is hiding in Pakistan/Afghanistan? Why are two parties in charge who only think of their own , but leave the rest of us paying their way, making them fat, and getting nothing in return except screwed, blued, and tatooed, while they live high on the hog?? If we do not place more parties with platforms in favor of the people (what this government is supposedly about) in power, then we get what we deserve. Loss of liberty, and no chance of pursuit of happiness. Get fresh minds and new ideas in the White House, and get rid of these jerks who are killing our credibility in the world, and are never straight with the American people. TAKE BACK YOUR GOVERNMENT, AND TAKE BACK YOUR ENVIRONMENT!!! It is up to you. We are already up to our necks in another Vietnam, and that is one thing we cannot afford for our nation, or our people. The horrors of war have already been realized on our soil, go after the real jack a** who did it. Bush. Yuck!! Kerry. Ichh. Democrats. Barf. Republicans. More barf. We need new blood, and need to know how to mind our own business, and when to step in and act. This was totally thoughtless, and I will not support any party that does not support its own people. So neither the Democrats, or the Republicans can expect any help from me. They are quick to take your money, but when you really need them, you don't exist. Debates be dam ned. We are in deep trouble, thanks to thoughtless Government. Screw them. Ah! I feel much better now.

I would have to agree with most of your post Bugweed except your statement about us being in "another Vietnam". We are in a war, Vietnam was a police action. When we went into Vietnam we sent our troops in without the proper supplies, we didnt give them all we could. Why? Because our government didnt want to win. We were trying to stratle the fence then. In this instance we have a clear objective and we will prevail!

The President of the United States told the American People that Iraq was a terrorist threat with weapons of mass destruction waiting to be used against us and our Allies. He presented information from our intelligence agencies supporting his statements and the reason for invading Iraq. These same supporting papers where shown to other members of governing bodies and they too believed that Iraq was a threat.

Problem:
The supporting documents where either old, false, or very weak. Information was taken from these documents and compiled to show that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, had plans to build more. However, no weapons of mass destruction were found. Only old, nonfunctional missiles and warheads where found. The President used these examples of why Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Why, because Iraq did not disclose the information on these dead weapons in the report they submitted about there weapons plans, and stockpiles. They did not inventory them.

I know I am going out on a limb here, but did anyone think they simply forgot where they were or the information on where they were hidden had been misplaced or destroyed? I seem to recall that farmers in Europe still come across small stockpiles of hand grenades, ammunition, and other ordnance in trees, rock piles, and small caves from W.W.II and even W.W.I. I wonder why those were there, could they have been forgotten about?

I believe our Government was mislead by our intelligence agencies to support a war with Iraq. I also feel that our President may have had something to do with this deception on the American People. I try not to believe this, but I just cannot get the feeling that he went in to Iraq to finish what his dad could not finish. Perhaps he turned a blind eye to the truth to get his dad's enemy. I also believe Iraq's oil has something to do with it.

When data shows that another Nation is a threat to the United States and the World, one would hope that our leaders would vote in favor of action against such a threat. I also hope that our Leaders would then vote not in favor of supporting such action if the original data was false, inaccurate, and the supposed threat was not there.

I also do not like they way our economy and job prospects are going our country. We need better paying jobs, not low wage jobs in fast food and retail. How can anyone live on $11,000-$15,000 a year with a Family, let alone anyone that wants to start a Family. Our next President needs to focus more on getting our economy back on its feet while still maintaining a strong defense against terrorists. Bush tells us our economy is getting stronger. I see job loss, huge mergers of corporations that jump jobs. I see medium to large companies outsourcing jobs overseas and charging the same about of money for services. If outsourcing saves money for the company, I better see a drop in the price of goods and services that company produces. This does not happen.

I want a President that will stand up for the American way of life, one that will protect our jobs from being moved overseas and one that supports the creation of jobs that provide wages and benefits that can support a Family well. I want a President that will protect our Country from threats both abroad and at home. I want a President that will admit he/she was wrong and will takes steps to correct those wrongs. I want a President that supports the protection of our Environment, not one that allows it to be destroyed in the name of progress.

wolf9striker, Don't argue semantics with me. Police action----B S!! War is war, no matter what you call it. Innocent Americans died by the thousands, thanks to our government. As for the rest of your statement, it is obvious you were not there, or you would not be making statements concerning something you know nothing about. I, at least, can talk from experience.

Oops! Forgot! Right on, Nick Hubbell!!

action-smiley-003.gif

uh
u r a veitnam vetren?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Sep. 30 2004,11:07)]I think Bush has it by a mile. I'm a Bush fan and my mind was already made up though. I must admit I did get a clearer sense of what Kerry stands for now. It was hard to tell before tonight. (flip-flop)
smile_m_32.gif

Joe
amen! I was laughing my but off when kerry said he had one solid position on Iraq, and that he never wilted in his life

BTW I thought id share these quotes with you:
Back in January: "If you dont believe Sadaam heussein (sp?) has nuclear ability dont vote for me!
-John Kerry
Now: This is the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time
-John Kerry

BTW- How can people vote for a president who brought back scars of vietnam just for his campain purposes

bugweed, why don't you start your own party? sitting here saying all that won't do much good.
so just because both parties suck we shouldn't do anything?

i think which wars they were in is completely irrelevent, as well as what they have injected into their faces.

did you see the comments by the bush supporter after the debate? he said that president bush doesn't need botox or instant-tanner, that he's real. i mean WTH? that's not fair. what kerry wants to shoot up with is his own business. vanity is perfectly legal last time i checked.

the only thing I can do is talk about it is choose the best candidate and try to get other people to vote for him.

Back