Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like either of 'em. Lets see.......
    www.jibjab.com
    thats how I see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As president, Bush won the war in Iraq, but is losing the peace. He is responsible for the US losing its reputation in the world. He has reversed progress made on the environment. His policies have stifled job creation, sent people into poverty, and removed people from heath care insurance coverage. He turned a budget surplus into a budget deficit and increased the national debt. Still, Bush is leading in the popularity polls. His only success has been in public relations.

Fortunately, the debate showed a Bush who was unprotected by the likes of Karl Rove. His PR managers were able to teach him a few phrases like “hard work” and “mixed messages.” But Bush repeated these phrases so many times that it went beyond emphasizing the message and showed that he was incapable of thinking for himself. What worries me is that Bush is starting to believe his own PR, which tries to lump together Saddam Hussein with terrorism in general, because Bush said something to the effect that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 (!) I believe that the next debate, which will be on domestic policy issues, will further show that Bush represents a PR shell that does not have any actual substance.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like a president that doodles, but i dont see why water is relevent.

and wolf, moore is a GENIUS! he's totally correct and nothing is wrong with being left-wing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] if you want to keep people in the dark ages and ignorant, if you want the innocent to die, if you want a president that try's to pass ammendments based on religion that opress other people, then by all means, PLEASE vote for bush.

and am i the only one that things kerry looks like a camel that fell into a vat of instant-tanner and bush looks like a chimp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Oct. 01 2004,2:15)]Remember, this post is to talk about the Debate's outcome, not what an idiot one or the other is, or anyone else, for that matter. I appreciate that we have a wide variety of people here, so let's not push it too far as to make separate forums for different political views eh? Keep in mind that we're all here mostly because we have taken a liking to carnivorous plants, so keep it that way.
    In my honest opinion, any political and/or religious discussion should be banned from Terraforums. It leaves too many people upset.
    I could have not said it better myself. All this leads to are people getting ticked at each other on a forum. Just like we said to Dino there are other forums for this kind of stuff.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOooo.... this debate is rather heated

Quote[/b] ] I'll state this clearly and only once - I don't support any political school other than one that gives a rat's bum about the environment.
    I must say i share his viws and i would back any party that protects the enviorment. I am very angry atthis administration for trying to remove parts of the clean water act that protect our wetlands. If he would have had it his way 75% of the wetlands currenty under its protection would loose it. Thats a very vast chunk of our wetlands.

And im also angry that this administration has weakened the Endangerd Species Act. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and watch china. With its vast boombing economy and military might, expect it to surpass the United States as an wolrld power sometime in the next few decades.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]repeated the charge
    and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated.
    Quote[/b] ]stumbled and paused many times as if he were searching for what to say
    LOL! I especially loved it when he just stared into the camera for like 5 seconds [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP, I like you dont belive in everything Bush has to offer. I do not agree with him on his belifs of gay marriage or abortion. But I cannot for the life of me see where you can say that because of Bush innocent people have died. Because of Bush innocent people have been saved. If you referring to 'innocent people' as to the civilians in Iraq then you must have forgot how many civilians Saddam killed that dont have to be afraid of him now. If you are referring to the civilians that are getting killed in the car bombs and the like then I guess you forgot about our people getting killed in 9/11 we are there so we dont get hit on our soil again. And if, just if you are refferring to 'innocent people' as our soldiers then you really should talk to a few of them. I have put in a year in Iraq my brother is currently there. There is NO soldier in Iraq that did not know that by there signing up they would have a very large chance that they would be there. A soldier knows the risks but does it so that you can legally have your opinions of Michael Moore. Speaking of Bush and our soldiers they way he does in war time in my mind is border line treason. Like I said I dont like all of Bush's ideals but I like the fact that he does not change his mind even if his decision is an unpopular one.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast