What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential debate

by the way, im voting for bill clinton...:;):

This could probably be locked and tossed since it got to junkfood now.

Joe

Why, when it will all start over again after Tuesday's debate.

I saw the movie "Super Size Me". Thought it was good. I could go for a Double Cheese Burger right now. lol

Thanks
smile.gif

ADD is a real disorder. Dr Phil is a mental midget if he states otherwise.

It has NOTHING to do with parenting. It is an inheritable pathology, best demonstrated by twin studies.

There is nothing wrong with children being prescribed and treated with Ritalin or Adderall. My concern is that some children being placed on stimulates may not have ADD. The other concern is that not everyone with ADD is diagnosed and treated.

There is more than one subtype of ADD. The one always portrayed in the media is called "Classic ADD." This are the individuals that are typified by the bad behavior and low self-control. They are also the ones most readily noticed and thus diagnosed and treated. This subtype only represents 5% of those with ADD.

The subtype of ADD that I have is ADD inattentive/overfocused. My subtype does not display the bad behavior as does the Classic ADD subtype. My subtype is also the one with the greatest failure in being diagnosed.

I was not diagnosed until my mid 30's.

The problem with diagnosing ADD, is that it is subjective. That is, it is the opinion of the doctor and his skill level. This is what concerned me the most in my own path of ADD discovery. I did not want to be diagnosed with ADD if I did not have it. So, I went to the Amen Clinic and had a SPECT Scan. THe SPECT Scan is an objective test.

www.amenclinic.com

A SPECT Scan illustrates brain function whereas a PET or CAT Scan only illustrates brain structure.

ADD is normally presented as a decrease in brain function in the frontal lobes of the brain. More interesting, the decrease in brain function occurs while at task(ie concentration). This is the converse of what occurs in a normal functioning brain. We should observe an increase in brain function at task.

Most people that are not diagnosed in early life have higher predispositions with drug and alcohol abuse, marriage or interpersonal relationship problems and higher rates of suicide. Some have academic problems. Most have high IQ's.

It is often reffered to as "The Edison Trait". Edison, Einstein and many other people have been surmised to have ADD by studying their personal life histories.

Books by Thom Hartmann or Dr. Daniel Amen are the best on the subject. They both have web sites.

The SPECT Scan used in ADD daignosis requires that the patient be injected with the radioactive isotope Technetium and the scan is completed "at rest" and another, on a second day while "at rest".

All this concern over H3 glowrings and I actually PAID to be injected with a radioactive nuclide!

Glowing...
Tweek

yeah. ADD isn't an excuse. it's a real and serious problem.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Re-elect Gore in '04!" I got a chuckle out of that.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tweek @ Oct. 04 2004,12:43)]ADD is a real disorder. Dr Phil is a mental midget if he states otherwise.
I don't think he said it's not a real disorder, just that he thinks it's over diagnosed.

Edit: LOL... sort of off topic.

Nobody have mentioned the second debate. I was wondering if anybody saw it and what they think. I think Bush did alot better this time. He even said something that I totally agree with. He said "If Kerry had been in office this last term, Hussein would still be in power and the world would be better off."
confused.gif

bush did better but he still dident win kerry on this one...kerry still won..

i totally missed it. when is the third?

I say that the second debate (VP's) was BORING! both of them did ok... neither of them did bad...
in the third debate, I say it was ok... I don't think either of them did better than the other but bush did seem a little mad one time and he interrupted the moderator once.

If I had been president, saddam would still be in power but other worse threats wouldn't. What has bush done about the genicide in africa? or the korean crisis? china WANTED those talks that BUSH doesn't and says that china doesn't either.
I also think that we should allow embryonic stem cell research.
and bush sucks in the environment!
smile_t_32.gif

of course, woman have abortions everyday and we are wasting valuable stem cells!

speaking of cows, If you're against stem cell research, you should be against in-vitro fertilization.
(I'm sleepy)

I loved that little comment Kerry made regarding Bush having an $84 stake in a wood production company and that he qualified for a small business tax return.

Bush just stumbled and pretty much everyone was confused by the remark. After the debates, some research was done and it turns out that what Kerry said was true.

really? ROFLMAO!!! I remember him saying "I have a timber company?" "that's news to me!"

I saw in the paper today the headline 'AUDIOGATE!', with photos of Bush with what looked like a concealed two way radio on his back. The producers were also told not to film the backs of both politicians.
Their story is that it's just a freak fold in Bush's blazer but it looks very square to me!

Lol the  the daily shoe did a section on dr phill and used his quites like

"you are doomed to a life of mysry and pain" to a crying woman

and how he said all this bad styff about a whole town, he had 'adopted' making it sound like a complete rat hole...

Andhe asked bush when he was a guest on the show (snicker)

" did you spank your children when they were bad?"

and when kerry recently went on his show, dr phil asked

"were you a spanker?"

Humm
confused.gif

looks like dr phill has a bit of a spanky thing going on... or is he just weird?

Back