Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day in the life...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... (lugs one of his many bird guides out)

The birds we most commonly refer to as waders are members of the family Ardeidae witch is comprised of four subfamilies (the herons and egrets, the night-herons, the bitterns, and the tiger herons)

Most are closely associated with water and use their daggerlike bill to catch fish. The name heron is generally used for the darker plumaged species, while the term egret is uded for white species. Both are interchangeable and genneraly correct considering that despite the differences in plumage, all species are closely related. Oh and theres a rare whitre morph of the common species Great Blue Heron found in southern florida (great white heron). These birds are generally tame and found often around human habitations.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aha! so in a way we both were right [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! are those racoon tracs on the mud in the picture of that bigger bass?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are indeed! It's amazing what you see out there. I love to go out at night and spotlight (not hunting, just looking) Recently I saw a badger loping along the road in their typical curious way of walking. I have a little checklist for birds in that area and it has white heron listed. I always referred to them as egrets, but as stated they are interchangable. Any more requests for photos? As for the party, buy a plane ticket, and be ready to drive an hour and fifteen minutes. I'm there! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Lol
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12