User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: What kind of music do you listen to? - Brought to you by grim

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Country/Folk

3 5.66%
  • Rap/R&B

9 16.98%
  • Techno

2 3.77%
  • Heavy Metal

5 9.43%
  • Rock/Alternative

18 33.96%
  • Blues

2 3.77%
  • Classical/Instrumental

2 3.77%
  • Reggae

0 0%
  • Jazz

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify)

10 18.87%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of music do you listen to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And dont call it punk rock.... *shudder* its PUNK!!!! just PUNK!!!
    I called it Punk "Rock" so people would understand. How much more could a 14 year old (if you really are that age) know about Punk than a 20 year old?? Hm? Hm? Hm? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] ]And I sincerely hope you arent the kind of guy that tries to dress all "punk"
    Again, what kind of thing is that to say to a person who lives off of Crass? You wouldn't even guess if you saw me walking down the street. I'm not a poser like many others are. Punk is not a fashion statement, and not even close to a behaviour. I even nag my girlfriend constantly to trash her "punky" clothes. It's a mental state. I don't "do" Punk for fun, I take it seriously.

Quote[/b] ]Also keep in mind that Real punk started and ended in the 80's...
    Started in the 80's? You've got to be kidding me man! You're forgetting the whole Velvet Underground/Dolls/Iggy/Lou Reed movement in the 60s that gave rise to the Punk we know today. Also Crass was already active by 1979, and unlike the Sex Pistols that sang about Anarchy, they lived up to it... Gosh I hate the Pistols and McLaren so much. If you haven't already done so, read "Please Kill Me".

I don't credit LTJ (you call THAT Ska?) or NUFAN (I know I lumped them into the punk category, but it was just to shun Fat Wreck for terrible judgement to include them into the label) positively at all, along with others like Rancid (they were terrible from the beginning). It's a matter of taste as well. And as much as I used to enjoy the Ramones and The Clash, they just stopped rockin' my socks off because their music was just the typical "Let me tell you a story" format, instead of messages, which I prefer.
    All in all, Crass is still the top on my list, and if you don't know enough about them, I suggest you find out. Oh, and I also listen to Anti-Flag from time to time, though not as much as I used to.

If I sounded angry at all I apologise! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted what I'm currently listening to, but to name a few in no particular order.

Pink Floyd Ted Nugent
    Metallica Lynard Skynard
    Story of the year Cure
    Breaking benjamin Joe Satriani
    Mozart Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Kenny Chesney-yes since the "brown albulm" FTG
    Megadeath Beatles
    Guns n' Roses Petra
    George Strait Shadows Fall
    Beethoven Velvet Revolver
    Guardian Disciple
    Alan Jackson 12 Stones
    Evanessance Eric Clapton
    Shinedown Lonestar
    Bert Wills Newsboys
    Nicole Nordeman 3 Days Grace
    Dream Theater Seven Mary Three

Just to name a few [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    \m/ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] \m/

HEAVY METAL, like Swords said...

I'm a musician, and I listen to pretty much anything with a good amount of skill and thought to it, I love 60's modal jazz, 60's-70's reggae (and now some soundclash, that stuff is crazy) some "classic rock", pretty much anything but techno, rap and "adult pop-contemporary"

But METAL (Manowar, DIO, old megadeth, anthrax, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall,Judas Priest, Motorhead- which is more hard rock BTW- pretty much anything with mentions of demons, vikings and power)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to listen mostly everyting, but I can't stand country music, right now my favorite songs are

Annie, Chewing Gum
    Bertine Zetlitz, Fake your Beauty
    Marilyn Manson, Personal Jesus and Ob...someting Teens
    Garbage, Cherry Lips
    Korn, can't remember what the song is called.
    Planet Funk, Chase the sun
    Massive attack, teardrops
    Alcazar,this is the world we live in
    Robbie Williams, Radio
    Margaret Berger, Lifetime ...someting...
    Scent, up & down
    Madonna, most of her songs, especially I like Vogue, Beautifull stranger , Hollywood and Ray of light

some of my favorite bands/artist also includet U2, Kent, The Hives, Maria Mena, Dandy warhols, Rammstein plus some more I can't remember right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, Mabudon named many of my classic faves from childhood!
    My parents were into music like Led Zepplin, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, BOC, etc..so I was introduced to hard rock early on and my first record I got to buy was the debut Maiden LP. When I was a skater I moved into listening to punk and hardcore like Dead Kennedys, Crass (I've had shokuchuus avatar/icon tatooed on my arm since I was 13)/Conflict, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Vandals, SNFU, etc.. But since my punk friends moved away I went back to metal and became a metal journalist for the last 13 or so years. Publishing different zines and writing for other folks mags. My favorite magazine was Battle Helm (I published it from 1998-2001) in which I got to interview, meet & party with many of my musical heroes (or anti-heroes) like Virgin Steele/Pile Driver, Wasp, King Diamond, Venom, Impaler, Misfits, Thor, Sodom, Destruction, Accept/UDO, Dio, Doro Pesche/Warlock, Witchfynde, Bathory (R.I.P.), Sabbat/Skyclad, Sepultura (I admit, Morbid Visions is the only stuff of theirs I like), Hammerfall, Gwar (just because!), Motorhead, Rob Halford, Dee Schnieder, etc...

I also did some over the top concept studio projects/bands in my day; Cernunnos Woods- ambient druidic folklore (4 albums), Sigillum dei Draconis- experimental noise (2 albums), as well as some guest storytelling/narrations (using the "old man" voice from Cernunnos Woods) on a couple celtic folk albums by ...The Soil Bleeds Black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it all.....except rap. All depends on the mood I'm in.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha ha, speaking of "old metal" my Uk writer of Battlehelm.com (a malaysian fellow named Shan Siva) has just sent me his interview with Robert Sweet ex-Stryper! Remember the silly christian metal band who had the big yellow and black tank and yellow and black jumpsuits? well here's a link to the new interview I just laid out, http://battlehelm.com/interviews/blissed.htm
    ....I realize I forgot to add a homepage link from the inteview...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like
    techno/trance
    J-pop
    Instrumental - anime background music and some other kinds. Ever heard of the 12 girls band? They are awsome.
    Classical
    disco and other light rock

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast