What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1/2 day flu

not to complain or want attention or anything... just wondering if I'm the only one w/ the ridiculous body and if I'm not, what works for some other people.
see... sometimes I get some flu-like symtoms... I believe it happens when I don't sleep enough (I slept 20 minutes late yesterday... only 20 minutes!). My nose gets all runny, I sneeze every 2 seconds (exaggerating of course), I'm SUPER EXTRA exhausted, my hands get cold, (or my forhead hot? I really don't know).
sometimes it cures itself when I come back from school, but if it doesn't, I can usually cure it w/ a nap... today was the exception. I slept for 2 hous and I still have a runny nose.. I feel better but not normal.
I also blame the school for the classrooms being FREEZING! that doesn't help. I do take a jacket but after a while the cold seeps in :p
so... does anyone ever get this? what do you do to prevent/cure it? I can't ALWAYS go to sleep so early!

yea i do... sore throat, stuffy nose, real cold... and its all over by noon LOL

Hm, I sometimes get something like that when I don't get enough sleep. I'm an insomniac and usually can't fall asleep until midnight to 2am. Problem is, I have to get up by 7am to get to work!

I don't get the runny nose as badly, but I shake a little right when I wake up, like when you're really weak from having the flu for a long time. Sometimes I have a slight headache, and feel cold and exhausted. Being at school (or work) IS exhausting and stressful for me. I always feel better if I can kick back for a little while. Before you leave for school, make a quick cup of instant oatmeal or tea. It'll help warm you up from the inside out. At lunch, try putting your head down for a quick nap. It won't always make you feel 100%, but may help you feel better until you can get home. Or, if you don't trust the other kiddies and have a CD or mp3 player, just listen to that and try to relax. Warm soup, half a sandwich, and a cup of tea is my favorite sicky-feeling time lunch menu. After getting home, a hot shower, more warm food fixes things for me.

great ideas except I get it when I'm at school... I have no clue I'll get it until the last part of first period/beginning of second.
but the symtoms you all have sound exactly like mine... I also shake a little.
god to know I'm not the only weirdo :p everyone always says that I get it because I'm nervous so apparently nobody I asked has the same thing.

LOL, if you go to college, you'll see plenty of bleary-eyed people like that! Try keeping an light sweater in your locker, to wear under the jacket. Dunno if you can buy any warm food at lunch...junk food (pizza, burger) doesn't count! ;)

I wore a turtleneck shirt to school today. and I hate them.
I should sue them :p (b/c it's so darn cold in the classes)
hmmm..... you know what? I'm going to try and figure out how I can contact them and blast them about their stupidity
biggrin.gif

Back