User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on me keeping you posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ Oct. 05 2004,10:23)]Hi Noah,

Don't these doctors realize how seriously ill you are? It sounds as if they are treating you like the run-of-the-mill patient. With your diet and the pain how could you not have pain medicine? If the problem is physical from the bite how is the therapy going to help you? All this time and still not even one meeting with a shrink? That sounds wrong somehow. Have you exhausted all your medical options?
    I just don't understand why the shrink wasn't brought into the hospital and why his treatment hadn't been already started before they just turned you out. Your experience has never made sense to me. It sounds like someone somewhere dropped the ball
    Bobby
    The problem is thought to be a conversion disorder from all the stuff that has happened to me in the past year manifesting themselves as a physical condition. I think this is why he is reluctant to give pain meds,although the pain is phisical thats for sure! Yep no meeting with the shrink*sigh* .
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, they must be frightened of giving up too much painkillers. I've busted up my lower back quite badly and already had a week off from work but a doctor I went to only prescribed another week off work on a heating pad and double doses of Advil... I would have liked some real painkillers cos I can barely walk but he didn't even mention 'em. First time I'd been to the doctor in 16 years (I'd never go but the pain was enormous this time) it was a total waste of time and money and my back is still killing me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to here that Josh
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, how are have you been doing lately?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you can sue the doctor for malpractice, and get yourself a real one. The one you are describing kinda sounds like a witch doctor. You really should se a shrink though, if it is conversion disorder, that can really help. If it isn't, well, then you're in more trouble.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conversion disorder is a tricky one, because the cause may be psychological in origin, but the effects are VERY real and physical. It's amazing how much power the brain has over the body.

Noah, keep your head up and keep on going. Conversion disorder has one good thing; it often clears up spontaneously on it's own. Just make sure you keep a positive attitude about it and things in general. You'll come out of this whole ordeal strong enough to take on anything!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12