Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And can atrac files be put on an xbox?(just a weird question) On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the atrac3 player?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea on that, pond boy. We make PC games mostly, so I don't keep up with all the console or MP3 player developments. After 10 years in the industry, it's just too much to keep up with!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a real cool job Caps! So do you design the games and there story lines,or build the charecters or what?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noah,
    I started out making the backgrounds; the buildings, landscapes, etc. Then when our company grew, I was mostly in game design and management. Now, we've started a new company, and I'm back making game art again, since we're pretty small. Our company is Flagship Studios (www.flagshipstudios.com). It's a great business to get in to!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics are one of the main aspects of video games, PS2 has more games yeah but its not like xbox doesn't have good games. Xbox just started out, in the beginning the games weren't too good, but the past year the games it's been putting out have been amazing, with the good graphics to boot, and now the real test - the release of the sequel to the Xbox and the PS3. I see Sony's Playstation line crashing.. hard. I think its a huge mistake that you won't be able to play PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3. It will be just like the Xbox coming out, it has no ground to stand on, meanwhile the Xbox will still be able to play the original Xbox's titles. The Xbox was able to endure that test, i doubt the PS3 would.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I see Sony's Playstation line crashing.. hard.
    As hard as Sega you think (man, how they just CRASHED, eh?)?
    Maybe hard in America but maybe not in Japan. Who knows? I know the X Box is doing rather well in Japan, but I think there are too maniacs over there to let the PS line crash as badly as some of us may think. When you look at X Box and its games, it's obvious that it's American, and therefore attracts a different audience. It's all a cultural and personal preference in my opinion. Either way, as much as I enjoy the occasional video game, whether I prefer this or that platform is irrelevant in the world we live in today. I find we indulge excessively on the unnecessary things in our "civilised" lifestyles. I'm thankful enough that I have a roof over my head, food and water, and a place in university.

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's just keep discusing games because I think thats the comment to end all Xbox vs. PS2 fights in this thread.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just something to remember.

Games make consoles popular and successful, not vice versa. The SEGA CD and 32X, TurboGraphix, the first three years of the Neo-Geo, Atari Jaguar, N64 (to a degree), PS2's launch period, and the first two years of X-Box life are proof of it.

Aesthetic graphical quality will always win out over technical graphical quality. Stuff that's uber high res but uncreative and uninspired will never win out on something that has creative flair and quality. The whole attitude of "uber graphics or nothing" is a major thorn in the side of gaming development, and is turning everyone into a bunch of graphics nice gals who don't care about gameplay nearly as much as they should.

In other words, quality will always win out over specs, which is why I could honestly care less about what new uber technology the next-gen consoles will have. Well...its not that I don't care actually, its just that it has no bearing on whether or not I'll get them.

By the way, the PSP will retail for $349.00. If that's not proof that Sony's on some low-grade crack, I don't know what is.
    Some random words.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast