Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frog in my plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really observed if toads return to the same shelter, though they may have a slight capacity to do so. More likely they just cozy up in the nearest moist hole after a good night of foraging.

My guess would be that that is a cricket frog-due to lack of toe pads but being confined to CA I haven't seen any other hylids besides P. regilla in the wild before.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] though they may have a slight capacity to do so. More likely they just cozy up in the nearest moist hole after a good night of foraging.
    see what I mean?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOD must we start this AGAIN.. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I never said any animal was a "dumb animal". I'm not like that. I don't go along with the philosophy that we are the kings of the world and all other species were created for no other reason than to serve our needs. I believe animals are extremely intelligent. I did NOT say I was surprised the toads aren't totally stupid. I just said it's FASCINATING to me that they.. I don't know how else to say this, but, can.. 'figure' to leave to God-knows-where during one part of the day or night and then manage to return to the exact same place later on in the day/night.

Sorry if I sound like I just now snapped, but I'm not in a real good mood right now and this crap is starting to piss me off.. that's all that is.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you missunderstood me. I never said you said that. I was just talking about how the general public thinks.
    that's why I said "PEOPLE always..."
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chickens are very smart,despite what people say. So I would say animals in general are much smarter then we give them credit for. Btw. nice to see you on here again FTG
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..Again? Did I leave again without me telling me? Gosh.

Honestly, I can't get on that often.. usually on weekends, when I have the whole day free.. it's great when I get done sifting through all the new crap on the boards I go to and I'm no longer pressured to get on and get it over with all the time, because it's then done -_^ I am one weird person. I RARELY get to go through anything but General Discussion when I get on here, and that makes me feel like SUCH a BAD member.. LOL!
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheAlphaWolf: I was just speculating, since a scientist did a study with newts of the genus Taricha and found out that they almost always returned to the same breeding pool(now, breeding pool affinity and shelter affinity are probably 2 different stories). He marked some of the newts and transfered them 9 MILES away. Within the next 5 years, many of them returned to the original breeding pools! Incredible feat considering the distance and that they had to cross a mountain and streams.

Edit: The species was rivularis...if anyone wants to see the percentage that returned during the experiment I could dig it up.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and you consider that
    [/QUOTE] a slight capacity to do so. [QUOTE] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    I wouldn't be able to do that! probably even if you re-located me 2 miles :P
    and many animals do that. Snakes, crocodillians, salmon, turtles, pidgeons, etc...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast