What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs!

hey guys, i remeber i saw this moth the size of a small pigion when i went to see my family in the dominican republic, i remeber that same night while i was taking a shower, it was outside in the porch just chilling, i was scared. it came in thru the bathroom window and got on my back! ahhhh it felt hary and it was walking around my back and i ran out the bathroom naked! its kinda embarassing to see a teenager thats 6'6 scary of a bug thats about 8 or 9 inches, but i dont care, that thing was huge! wow that was scary and discusting!! i have a phobia for flying insects, i forget the name of that, but anywho, what were your worst expirience with bugs?

there was a giant roach that fell form the cieling and it climbed up my shoe... but I shook it.
then there was one time that there was this giant roach on the ceiling of the bathroom and I go, start brushing my teeth, look in the mirror and there it was right on top of me! i almost had a heart attack :p
then I was attacked by fire ants (my fault... I was trying to get a cool picture so I poked a nest to take a pic of them rushing out but holy cow they came from EVERYWHERE at EXACTLY the same time I poked it! in no time I was covered w/ fire ants... but I managed to take my sweater off and run :p)
another time I stepped on a yellow jacket nest and got stung 5 times. the darned things HURT! and they were itchy for like a week and 1/2!

but NOTHING... NOTHING compares to the suffering mosquitoes can bring.
some stupid people in the outter banks of NC decided to have a mosquito heaven... they make ditches in front of every single house... no predators or anything for the mosquitoes so they breed like crazy. there were 1 inch mosquitoes!!!! and I SWEAR I got bitten hundreds of times. we went inside of the tent (what does it take? 3 seconds?) and there were literally hundreds of mosquitoes inside. You could also hear the humming of the squeeters outside while you slept.

SIX FEET , SIX INCHES TALL!!!

you should play basketball!

I was never really scared of bugs. I've liked for pretty much all my life. I've kept Tarantulas and scorpions and I know what they can do. Sometimes they get pretty annoying though.

the only bug I'm "scared" of... not really scared but they just creep me out, are roaches.
I like moths (in fact, i've raised polyphemus moths and right now I have tobacco hornworm caterpillars... and I've cought and touched MANY big ones like pandora sphix, luna moths, cecropia moths, etc) and I like pretty much anything else... but mosquitoes are ANNOYING!

Back