User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet explorer trouble

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 12 2004,8:07)]i wouldn't say that [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] hackers are really smart.

i'd say out of spite, revenge, even for kicks.
    They may be intelligent, but they are nothing more then lonely lowlifes who have nothign ebtter to do then to go in and wreck peoples computers for 'fun'
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Oct. 13 2004,4:24)]There are only 3 things you'll ever need.

A. Norton Antivirus - Removal of viruses and Trojans

B. Webroot Spysweeper and/or Ad-Aware SE - Removal of adware, spyware, and trojan downloaders.

C. Firefox - Best internet browser there is, and independant of Windows unlike IE, so you won't have to worry about nutty system errors or bugs in case something goes wrong.

www.symantec.com
    www.webroot.com
    www.lavasoft.de
    www.mozilla.org

Scanning them all in safe mode is VERY IMPORTANT if you want to get rid of everything.

If worse comes to worse and there's still problems, then I recommend getting HijackThis! which will allow you to turn off and delete any and all foreign processes.
    Thanks! I was getting tired of having to go into DOS just to remove virus's that I couldn't get rid of 'cause they were running while the computer was completely booted... even in safe mode!

The sad truth is that that won't be all you'll need in a few years... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Thanks for that comment Starman [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I haven't gotten anywhere today X_X I still can't keep more than one window open at once and the status bar still goes away. The volume controller came back though. That's good. And as for the mozilla thing...I can't download it. My sister thinks she can fix it she says "Kyle! I have to go through and do all this stuff to it so just stop messing with it!" so then I was like "well tell me what you do so that I can do help fix it!" then she said "NO! I don't want you messing with my computer!" then I said "I want it for my computer not yours! when I get the modem fixed I'll wanna know!" Then she just looked at me and shook her head cuz she DOESN'T know how to fix it. She doesn't know how to do anything. I admit that WinMX is the source of the problem but I can't fix it if she won't let me! I know at least 10 times as much about computers than her! GRRR!!!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Oct. 13 2004,8:23)]Well scanning things doesn't do any good if I can't delete it. Some of it can't be accessed by hand or I would have deleted them already. And with Spybot Search and Destroy...y'know the crappy one. It says that there aren't any updates available. And it passed over 152 parasites! Does anyone know how I can get rid of them manually?
    Do you scan in safe mode? Also, don't use Norton Antivirus for scanning spyware. For some reason the darn thing won't delete most spyware and adware programs, which boggles my mind.

Go download SpySweeper from Webroot's website, install it and update it (trial version is good for one definition update, which is okay for fixing your problem now), reboot in safe mode (hit F8 just before Windows starts), and then scan.

Quote[/b] ]I admit that WinMX is the source of the problem but I can't fix it if she won't let me! I know at least 10 times as much about computers than her!
    Delete it while you're in safe mode, since you can get into the hidden admin account when booting that way.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't have a trial thing. They just have a free scanner. And it didn't find everything that SpyHunter found either. It skipped over 110 of them. I'm gonna keep searching on download.com.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I FIXED I FIXED IT I FIXED IITTT!!! YAAAAYYY!! Well for the most part the spyware is gone. But does anyone know how to make it so the status bar is on when you first open the IE window? When I open the window I have to turn it on but it stays on then!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to your options and see if you can fix it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cough cough* read above post ^_^;
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123