Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet explorer trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

First of all VIRUSES SUCK! One totally went psycho and messed some stuff up. Mostly Internet Explorer stuff. But anyway it's been giving me trouble lots of trouble...even AFTER I got rid of it. So far IE won't let me have more than one window open, (when I open a new one it closes the old one) the status bar won't stay up, (it goes away whenever I click a link) and then there's that little annoying thing that annoys me some too. The volume button in the bottom right corner isn't there so I have to go to the control panel to change the volume. Well here's where I have this major problem. I do school on the internet (Cyber School) and see I have to have a lot of IE windows open at once. So I can't do my school work until I get the PeoplePC Online disc for my school computer. AND I'm already behind because I started school 2 weeks late. So I really need to get this fixed FAST. Does ANYONE at all have any ideas on how I can fix it
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can try going into the add/remove window in the control panel and select Internet Explorer. Then tell it to repair its self.... And see if that works.
    Then if it does or even if it doesn't you should try the Mozilla Firefox browser that we've been talking about. I tried it due to those recent posts and am loving it so far.

I'm afriad if that doesn't work for the IE it's going to be quite a bit of Trouble shooting and configing. Too much to do over a forum like this.
    Good luck!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are free online virus scanners out there, you can try those. I don't know the sites yet but I can find them and give them to you. Also you can go to download.com and download Ad-Aware and check for spyware just in case, Spybot is also a good spyware scanner. Also last but not least, download firefox unless your cyber school is designed speciafically but i doubt it but then again I don't know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the avast! scanner and the viruses are gone. But the after effect is what's bugging me. I'm not sure my sister is going to go for the Firefox browser. She's convinced that she knows everything about computers when the amish know more than her. x_x Therefore she won't beleive that it's better. Oh! I tried to uninstall thing a while ago and it didn't do anything.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if your sister knows anything about pc's then she should know how much IE sucks!! I hate IE! It sounds to me that you have more of a spyware problem. You should take the advice and scan for spyware. Then you should rescan for viruses at an online site. I would try more than one spyware and virus programs because alot of times one will not detect something that another will.
    Then you should download another browser. Did I mention how much IE sucks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I told my sister that there are better spyware programs than the one she has now. I'm gonna download a new one...run a spyware check the uninstall it right away so she don't know. Just because I don't feel like dealing with her. She's in a good mood today though.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, looky here...SpyHunter found 132 things of spyware...the one I ahve couldn't find ANY! The moral of this story is....don't get spybot search and destroy! It sucks! But...I have just clicked...start remove...and you know what it said? You must first purchase the full version of this software to remove it. WTF MATE!!!! OMG I'M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many hackers and virii these days, are you sure you didn't piss someone off? I know a couple of people it's happened to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast