Thread: The hole in the ozone!

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Finch.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]ummm... what do you mean by that?
    evolution IS credible not because of faith, but because there's proof.
    there's no way all the fossil species and today's species could have ever shared the world at the same time.... and you can see that mutations do exist, you can see natural selection is going on, etc...
    Yes, there is "proof" but there is also "proof" for creationism. Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon. Creationists say that a world wide flood did it(it may or not be, but there are "miths" about a worldwide flood found in ruins of ancient cities world wide.) Creationism has a better foothold because of the explosion of Mount St. Helens when she blew her top. I the matter of hours a few thousand layers of soot and ash were formed. There is no way to PROVE that it took millions of years to form the Grand Canyon because we were not able to watch its formation. Though I can't think of any off the top of my head creationism also has a few flaws. I learned all this in my CHRISTIAN science book. Yes, it says the creationism has flaws. They BOTH have flaws, and like I said, it is a matter of faith/belief.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *pauses fom his bored task of fileing oat germs picked out of his birdseed mix to a powder with a nail file*

Alphawold, sience is about discovering the unknown

Quote[/b] ]Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon.
    Dude, thats Geology
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]well... religion and science clash because religion isn't scientific. now, do we all agree on that?
    science is about proof. If you want to have a religion or something, ok, that's fine.... but there's no scientific proof of any religion. you can prove things (like floods or something) that the bible or koran or something says, but you can't prove that there is a god or that he went around telling people to write down things.
    If you start believing something that can't possibly be proven, that's not science.
    Science IS NOT proof. It uses the scientific method to show stuff. First the scientist makes an obsevation, he then forms an educated guess to explain the observation. He then forms experiments to test the hypothesis(educated guess). If the data from the experiment is consitent it thus becomes a theory. After many generations of consistent data testing the theory becomes a law. Now with that in mind, we must think of humans, I am assuming that everyone here knows we aren't perfect, we lie, cheat, steal, etc. That means that we cannot design the "perfect" experiment. So if the experiment isn't perfect, the data that "proves" something may also be flawed, which thus make the "proof" uncredible.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon.

Dude, thats Geology
    It was just an example.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thsi is sorta random(ok it's alot random!LOL) But ChronoKiento, I like your avatar....*i'm so weird...*
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Yes, there is "proof" but there is also "proof" for creationism. Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon
    what proof is there of creationism? a book? that... (PM me :P)
    Quote[/b] ]Creationists say that a world wide flood did it(it may or not be, but there are "miths" about a worldwide flood found in ruins of ancient cities world wide.)
    and there's no proof of that flood. there's not a shred of evidence that that flood has ever happened or that it could even happen.
    there's penty of proof that a river has done that.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Science IS NOT proof. It uses the scientific method to show stuff.
    it's as close as you can GET to proof.
    if you think about it, you can't really prove ANYTHING. how can you even prove that other people exist? you could just be a stored memory of someone being re-played by some other being. maybe you lived millions of years ago and now only exist as a program.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] (PM me :P)

that is not a good singh
    that makes no logic