Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The hole in the ozone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spec altough i agree with you often i disagree with you on this.

For centuries wev been clearing forests and burning coal, gas, and oil into the atmosphere faster than the plants and oceans can soak them up. And as more plants dissapeir under pavement and die from desertfication, this will decrese each year.

Human activity almost certainly drove most of the peast centurie's warming, a landmark report from the United Nations Intervovermental Panel on Global climate change announced in 2001. Global temperatures are shooting up faster than any time in the past thousand years. And climate models show that natural forces, such as volcanic eruptions and the slow flickers of the sun, cant explain all that warming.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 14 2004,3:11)]No spec altough i agree with you often i disagree with you on this.

For centuries wev been clearing forests and burning coal, gas, and oil into the atmosphere faster than the plants and oceans can soak them up. And as more plants dissapeir under pavement and die from desertfication, this will decrese each year.

Human activity almost certainly drove most of the peast centurie's warming, a landmark report from the United Nations Intervovermental Panel on Global climate change announced in 2001. Global temperatures are shooting up faster than any time in the past thousand years. And climate models show that natural forces, such as volcanic eruptions and the slow flickers of the sun, cant explain all that warming.
    UHM.... and where does coal come from? PLANTS! that means that that same material was in the atmosphere at SOME time...
    Quote[/b] ]And as more plants dissapeir under pavement and die from desertfication
    would you re-phrase that?

What humans burn is nothing compared to the damage wildfires cause every year... but i recently heard that 1,000,000 acers of forest land is cleared every day in russia, which is unfortunate, but has nothing to do with global warming (this is wood for houses we're talkin about here, not for burning)

I highly doubt human activity is what is causing the warming... Actually it has been proven that natural forces could do all that. Show me the climate models that prove it wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]UHM.... and where does coal come from? PLANTS! that means that that same material was in the atmosphere at SOME time...
    not all at the same tiime

Quote[/b] ]I highly doubt human activity is what is causing the warming... Actually it has been proven that natural forces could do all that. Show me the climate models that prove it wrong
    United Nations climate modles. show me the ones that prove natural forces can doo all that. you cant just say that humans have no impact: the evedence is everyehere
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm... Man contributes about 7 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year... Nature contributes a mere 200 billion tons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 13 2004,2:31)]Um, I disagree, spec. The ozone hole lets in harmful rays that, among other things, increases the incidence of skin cancer. Austrailia, which is located near the ozone hole, has the highest levels of skin cancer in the world.

No, the ozone hole isn't the end of the world, but it IS something to worry about.

Capslock
    But then again that could be because it's a bunch of white people living in a desert near the equator so regardless of whether or not there is a hole there letting in harmful UV rays your still going to have more sunburn then other parts of the world which lead to more skin cancer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah?
    well...
    cows are the number producer of methane gas...
    so blame the cow farts!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have heard and read about the ozone layer over the past few hundred years, it actually expands and contracts making the hole bigger or smaller. Using core samples, scientists have been able to determine that the size of the hold changes over periods of time, expanding or shrinking. However, todays industries have made an impact on the size of that hole.
    Nick

Careful where you crawl, it might be a trap!

http://www.carnivorium.com
    http://www.buckeyecarnivores.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if sea levels rise so what? Sea levels risee and fall everytime. Almost everytime there is a transgression there is also an explosion of life forms as the sea is larger with more space for critters. But yeah if the temperature rises for the next few thousand years or falls it's no big deal because in the history of the earth it really isn't that abnormal. <- I learned all that from my Geology class in college. Wow that stuff can come in handy...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast