Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online cp seed sources

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only been with this hobby since last summer and with the forums since last fall. It wasn't until I saw an ad in the PFT / TFTrading Post for D. scorpiodes, which was in late January , that I began accumulating seeds and plants beyond the garden centers' offerings. All that is to say that I have just kept tabs with the trading post; made friends; tried to reciprocate; and have acquired many seeds, gemma, cuttings, and plants - all on a "shoestring budget". The people here are generous and it doesn't take long to build up a decent "grow list". [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I please have links to prior discussions regarding alleged practices of this Peter Paul place. I am vehemently opposed to wild collection. I volunteer considerable hours working with children in an attempt to heighten their awareness of the natural world and I physically clean up "messes" and re-introduce native species on public property along with others. Those types of unorthodox practices undermine all the good going on out there. One exception, I am a proponent of plant saves on properties slated for the bull dozer. Thank you to whomever inserted that comment.

Hello Nile, thank you for your suggestions.

And hello to you jimscott, what is a grow list? Should I be maintaining one? Is it simply what we are currently growing or rather trying to grow? Is there a place in these forums where I should be listing what I have here? Let me know and I will add a list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't already found this site. I highly recommend Barry's FAQ Barry's website

Some info on Peter Pauls.. Is a bit old but as far as anyone can tell, still pertains. link

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura,

The more detailed and organized growers(I am on the opposite spectrum.. usually maintain a grow list and sometimes a trade list.
    A grow list is simply a list of all the species you grow(in this case all the cp you are currently growing).
    A trade list is a list of extra plants you have from your grow list that you are willing to trade for plants you don't have.
    I wish I was not such a lazy slob, and would keep better records of my plants and such. I remember when I had a Royal Red VFT and a Akai Ryu VFT in the same tank with no tag and thought ("I will be able to tell them apart"). Yeah right.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Oct. 20 2004,10:47)]I remember when I had a Royal Red VFT and a Akai Ryu VFT in the same tank with no tag and thought ("I will be able to tell them apart"). Yeah right.
    bonk BonK

BONK!!!!

Bad Joe!
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] I remember when I had a Royal Red VFT and a Akai Ryu VFT in the same tank with no tag and thought ("I will be able to tell them apart"). Yeah right.
    I'm guilty of that, too... ** ducks Tony's mallet ** HA! You missed me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Tony! Thank you for sharing that with me. Regardless of the age of those comments, I would be of the opinion the unorthodox practices continue to this day and will continue until at such point in time as the individual is 6' under. Such a lucrative business and he is deriving substantial benefits by being rewarded with not only reduced overhead for his business which results in a higher profit but with a substantially reduced risk of being nailed criminally. Do you realize how difficult it would be to prosecute a guy like this? It's business as usual for the morally bankrupt. Oh, I have no doubt the owner has become more discreet in his solicitation of "producers". I would even go so far as to take a guess his 1099's are issued to minors and/or many of his "transactions" are cash. These types often seem to exploit minors and those in need of quick cash such as substance abusers. Sad reality is this may never catch up with him. I am a member of a local gardening club. There are a few members who are waiting to see how I do with CPs before they jump in. I can assure you, I will see to it that a link to this thread is shared with them. That will be two more people who will not be purchasing anything from that nursery. Not much more I can do as I don't have contacts in the CP world. I will share with you that I had placed an order with him for next spring and that I was to have called him back with the final totals. That will not be happening as I would much prefer to spit in his face right about now.

Hello Griffin, a grow list... why that won't be hard at all for me. I have 4 different Sarracenias; flava, minor, leuco x oreo, and purpurea. I think I will go out tomorrow morning and take close up digital images of them and save the pictures so I don't end up wondering which tall pitcher was which next spring. I know I won't be able to tell the 3 tall ones apart without a tag or a label or something to stimulate neural cell activity in my noggin. I've been slightly brain dead lately.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Oct. 21 2004,9:51)]And hello to you jimscott, what is a grow list? Should I be maintaining one? Is it simply what we are currently growing or rather trying to grow? Is there a place in these forums where I should be listing what I have here? Let me know and I will add a list.
    I'm sorry, I missed this post until now. Some people are computer savvy enough to use their own websites to generate their grow list. I am not. Several others of us joined CPUK and compiled a grow list there. Then they imported it to their profile signature. That is what I did - with much help. I think i can actually help ya with that one!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast