Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online cp seed sources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had great luck with Doug and Vivi Rowland in the past 1995.
    (Bought my Carnivorous Plants of Australia Vol 1+2 from them)
    Nearly all the seeds I purchased germinated for me. They specialize primarily in succulents and cacti but do have a fair selection of CP's
    They are in the U.K.

http://cactus-mall.com/rowland/

Kirk Martin
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing about Peter Paul's is that they are quite frank about their field collection, and it is all perfectly legal! I was offered 50 cents a head for Sarracenia seed pods when I visited there back in the 70's when I told him I had access to Sphagnum bogs in my area. Since S. purpurea is not endangered or protected there is no crime being committed other than one of ethics. Needless to say, I boycott this dealer.

If you would like a selection of Drosera seed send me a email with your interests and mailing address to tamlindd@yahoo.com and I will be happy to get you going.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Tamlin, Thank you very much for your very kind offer of seed. Two men are sending us sundew plants for the school which will be instant gratification for the kids and one man is sending a VFT. One of the men is including seed for D. filiformis. A young gentleman here in the forums is sending us seed for D. capensis. I would love for you to pick one pack of seed for me to take to the school to let the kids try to germinate along with the other seed being sent. Hardy forms of sundew would be preferable. Is one pack ok?

Hi Kirk, I looked at your link and I will definitely try them for myself here at home. Which tall pitchers would you recommend? Please pick three that you had success with that are not tropicals for me and I will order them.

And Jim... here is my grow list for here at the house for me personally: S. flava, S. minor, S. leuco x oreo, and S. purpurea. How'd I do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And Jim... here is my grow list for here at the house for me personally: S. flava, S. minor, S. leuco x oreo, and S. purpurea. How'd I do?
    Hmm, all sarracenias - excellent start [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why thank you! I can't take credit though. A friend got me started a month ago. He gave me the S. miner and one of the s. flavas. The other two are all that is left of what I ordered to get something going at a school. The gifts from my personal friend will stay but the other two will ultimately be transferred. I have my eye on a few that I want for myself personally thanks to all the pictures in another thread. Peter you have got to go check out this thread-

Pictures

I have a dial up and I have been loading image after image as I went from page to page ever since I found that thread. I then broke down and went to a friend's house to take a looksee as I got frustrated when only half an image was loading. I swear I don't see how people will be able to avoid a 12 step program after they peruse what is over there!

Here's what caught my eye-
    Flava var. Maxima (all green)
    'Leah Wilkerson'
    Hurricane Creek
    alata x Citronelli
    anthocyanin-free psittacina x rubra jonesii
    'Schnell's Ghost'
    'Case's Resolve'
    Rubra gulfensis "Green" x Leucophylla "Green"
    alata x leuco

Do I have high hopes and wishful thinking or what!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, probably the best source of seed is the trading post forum here. There seems to be a little bit of everything available at any given time, and usually for free, or at least an SASE. As a matter of fact, I am giving away a bunch of Sarracenia seeds on there at this very moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Laura,

I only purchased succulent seeds from Doug and Vivi Rowland primarily Lithops (living stones and Haworthia succulents).
    The only CP seeds I ordered were Nepenthes ventricosa and Nepenthes madagascariensis (both of which germinated- encouraging since their shelf life is measured in months).
    I also grew stapeliads (cool cactus with purple and yellow flowers that smell like rotting meat).

I'd have to agree that many forum members have extra seed
    to spare for Sarraceniae.

Good luck,
    Kirk

P.S. What part of the country/world are you growing in?

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can help out with some D. spatulata seed.
    I have several flower stalks on my D. capensis 'alba', but will be some time till they are ready to harvest.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast