User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Corrupt disk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need help. my stupid useless and rotten computer/CD says/is corrupted. I have like hundreds of really cool pics there. (of the awsome winter storm, of WILD VFT'S FLOWRING!!!, caves in VA, etc...) so I REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLY want to see 'em again! I'm sick and tired of my pictures being deleted and stuff.
    so.... any suggestions? I put the disk in the computer, it makes the usual noise but then stops and starts over and over and over... then when I take it out it says that the disk might be corrupt or something. is there anythign I can do to un-corrupt it? I heard of some machines that repar them... can they repair corrupt disks?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using a cd cleaner. If that doesn't work try a cd repair agent. Also, I find quite often that if a disk doesn't work on one computer it may work on another.

When you save on a CD, use a recordable ® not a RW. The computer will read it better.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaahhh... mine's a RW.
    the thing is that it can read my other RW (same brand, etc). that's the only one it can't.
    I suck... a CD cleaner as in a chemical?
    and a CD repair agent as those machines that repair scratches?
    or I'm I totally wrong?
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the repair is a chemical as well, like a polish. You can buy it almost anywhere. You should still try it on another computer. My laptop will read some of my RWs, but not all, eventhough they are brand and batch. It read all of the Rs.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok... I'll try to remember to take it to school.
    cross your fingers for me!!! do all your voodo or whatever too :P
    let it work let it work let it work!!!!! some of my fav. pics are there.
    if they work, I promise to share the wild vft pics :P