Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah ok... the universe is right side up again :P (well... as right side up as it ever was)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Royal palms (the really tall straight ones) are all introduced exotics. We DO have a fine native royalpalm, The Florida royal palm, but it is rare in cultivation. All the the royal pakms you are likely to see are Cuban, Carrabean, And Peurtorecan species.

Date palm, queen palm, fishtail, coconut, nanila, queen, bottle, foxtail and others are introduced. The native palms are Parutois-palm (restricted to the everglades- cultivated(?)) Cabbage palmetto [and closely related species](florida, gorgea, south carolina- thretened by palm-rusking for nursery trade, and the saw-palmetto, a shrub. Oh and the thatch-palms. hey did u know that theres cactices native to florida?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the size of this endangerd one
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dislike invasive species...but we all keep them in are homes and backyards.

However, I wouldn't mind if some weirdos made a plan to go kill all the bullfrogs in CA...heck, it would be nicer for our native Pacifics after the job was done....but that is almost impossible.

We humans has awesome power to change ecosystems and I believe it should be taken far more seriously than just a few laws tacked up.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't like any native species completely wiped out aldough I'd LOVE it if there were WAY less mosquitoes (and roaches). besides, there are so many mosquitoes (and roaches) because of humans.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 24 2004,2:09)]I wouldn't like any native species completely wiped out aldough I'd LOVE it if there were WAY less mosquitoes (and roaches). besides, there are so many mosquitoes (and roaches) because of humans.
    Actually, we have in some cases decreased the mosquito population.

Oddly enough, while I dislike the bites and possibility for disease, I think they are quite useful and are welcome to lay eggs in my backyard...

Little do they know they all are removed and turn into fish food. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL
    that's the best way to get rid of them. get them to waste their eggs.
    and I guess if you drain up wetlands you do decrease the mosquito population :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you know theres citrus ,bananas, palms native to my backyard . I put them there but its suprising to see them in zone 6B. They have been living there for 2 years over winter and everything. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast