What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid people

the poison is targeted for prarie deogs witch have by far the highest likelyhood of ingesting the special poison. A gas will indesciminatly kill anything living in the burrows, including all the rare species dependent upon the prarie dgs for their survival

besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.

I hear that prarie dogs actually good in that the burrows open up the soil and allow for better circulation.

I think the main concern is that cattle or whatever might ste in and injure themselves?

This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.

No, its not like that at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.

so you think we shouldnt change our intentions just a eeny bit to accomidate for these species? sounds selfish to me

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No, its not like that at all.
why not? they spray gasoline inside their burrows so that the rattlesnakes come out and other wildlife like tortoises are harmed by it. then they tourture the rattlesnakes and kill them.

PS. I don't think he meant it like that finch.

NOT ON A FEDERAL RESERVE THEY DONT

I was talking about the method and how it not only hurts the animals intended.

diddnt u read the article u cited?! it said the poisin was being dropped from the back of off-road vheicles

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but can't they at least use gas or something?
^^^I was saying that it would be bad to gas them b/c of what I already said

he was talking about gas not gasoline

I know... but gasoline is sprayed into the burrows and it becomes a gas. and if it's a gas or a liquid doesn't matter! it's a comparison. My point was that it would hurt other animals like tortoises and burrowing owls in the burrow, like roundups.

but as i said, theres no auch thing as 'roundups' in your using of the word.

Sure the prarie dogs are the most likely to eat the poison, but then buzzards eat the prarie dogs etc.

Gas just hurts the animals in the burrows, but it blows away as soon as the burrows are unblocked.

Peter

and all the animals that rely on pririe dogs live in the burrows as well (exept the mountain plover)

Back