Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was that supposed to be a question or something?
    and no they're not.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now look at this
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news....gs.html
    they want to poison prarie dogs!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Using all-terrain vehicles, a crew of state employees and contractors will roar through thousands of acres of federal land over the next few weeks, spreading oats saturated with zinc phosphide over prairie dog burrows.
    Quote[/b] ]But conservation groups are concerned that the reduction of prairie dogs might affect a population of black-footed ferrets (Mustela nigripes), which rely on the rodents for 90 percent of their diet.

The black-footed ferret is listed as an endangered species by both the state of South Dakota and the federal government and is considered to be one of the rarest mammals in North America. Biologists say the Buffalo Gap National Grasslands' Conata Basin, where the ferret has been reintroduced, is home to the only self-sustaining population in the world.
    after all that trouble with getting back the population from JUST 18 ferrets, now they want to poison their food.
    it's probably bush's fault. he is a cattle rancher after all (they say that prarie dogs compete w/ their cattle)
    PS.
    Quote[/b] ]The black-tailed prairie dog (Cynomys ludovicianus), the only species of prairie dog found in South Dakota, had been a candidate for protection under the Endangered Species Act. But the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced two months ago that it had determined that the black-tailed prairie dog was not likely to become an endangered species within the foreseeable future, so the service was removing the rodent as a candidate for listing under the Endangered Species Act.
    ok.. it's not endangered. so let's kill them.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote[/b] ]they want to poison prarie dogs!!!
    Dude, if your ever in the prarie states, NEVER bring up saving the prarie dogs. Never. Its not good. trust me, i know.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]uh-oh better get rid of all the plants in your garden then.
    Actually, most of the plants in my garden are natives [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Now, since when is putting a bunch of poison in the environment not going to hurt the environment? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    I sure understand the prarie dog problem, but can't they at least use gas or something? Or issue prarie dog hunting licenses to all the young boys in town [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the poison is targeted for prarie deogs witch have by far the highest likelyhood of ingesting the special poison. A gas will indesciminatly kill anything living in the burrows, including all the rare species dependent upon the prarie dgs for their survival
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that prarie dogs actually good in that the burrows open up the soil and allow for better circulation.

I think the main concern is that cattle or whatever might ste in and injure themselves?

This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]besides, it's like roundups. Not only prarie dogs live there but burrowing owls, tortoises, snakes, etc. etc. etc.
    No, its not like that at all.

Quote[/b] ]This is one of those animals I say just had it coming with our way of life-just like the birds that lived on islands, our Cp's, the big carnivores or whatever gets in the way of people and needs important resources/habitat.
    so you think we shouldnt change our intentions just a eeny bit to accomidate for these species? sounds selfish to me
    that makes no logic

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast