Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn in new york!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Those are some nice pics, Dave, I like that first one, especially. Nice compostion, form, color. Our maples are definitely one of New York's attributes.
    Now, anyone have any pics of the aspens turning gold in the Rockies? I have only seen that once & that was awesome. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...and here maples are one of our worst enemys as far as forestry goes. I mean they rob the native trees and other plants from light and such. Personaley I like the maples in our back yard by the dry creek bed...especialy beutiful when there roots grow over rocks and into a crack in the rock bottom next to the creek
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pondboy, mapeles are native to ALL of the north american continent so more than likely the ones you are thinking of are native. With the very noteable exeptions of Norway and Amur maples, of course.

Aspens are a exelent tree. its unfortunate that trees from the rockies are dug up and sold to unsespecting byers in the east. The trees are not regionally adaped to the reagon. The same species does, however, more than likeyly grown grow in your area Lavenderdawn as aspens are found in a wide band across the whole North american continent
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12