Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giant bear!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: It's outside right now!!! That thing has figured out how to twist the handle on my "bear-proof" garbage container. It's hard for ME to do. This time my brother was taking his dogs out for the last time of the night, and there it was. It went accross the street and hunkered down. You can see it's eyes with a flashlight (it's really dark out). It's HUGE. It's eyes are like 12 inches apart. So, it was across the street, and my garbage container was open with one can already removed neatly. So I held the flashlight on the bear and went out and put the can back in and closed the door. I was shaking the whole time, and when I went to get the can, it got up and started to retreat. I ran back inside! I have no doubt it will be open and the garbage all over tomorrow morning, but I'M NOT GOING OUT THERE AGAIN!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another update. It's already got the garbage back open and is sitting on a mound of snow out there munching away. It's as big as a house!!!

I'm not goint to disturb it any more, and just clean up tomorrow. Yikes!!!!

Capslock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caps, in all seriousness, you should probably call animal control. They have people specialized in removing and (hopefully) relocating problem animals.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock--Get your CAMERA!!! We'd love to see a photo of it. Sounds like its hanging around so you might get another chance to snap it (from a safe distance of course).

I'm sure its scary having it so close but it sounds like awsome beast. Its a shame they start hanging around neighborhoods and sometimes getting killed. Humans are the interlopers...not them.

I hope you and your dogs stay safe but...get a pic if you can! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we want pics! we want pics!
    I hope if you call animal control that they don't kill it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got my camera at the ready. It was dark out and starting to snow when it came, so I'd have had to go right up to it and use a flash. Which I'm not going to do. But if it comes in the daylight, I'll get it. This bear tore the metal door off my garbage container. My bear-proof container. Then spread garbage everywhere. Then, overnight, it snowed about 14 inches. Then, before I got up, the snowplow came by and burried the trash even further. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Much shovelling later, I got most of it back in the can.

I suppose it will be back, but it was garbage day today, so there's nothing left!

By the way schloaty, if this were an isolated animal, I'd call someone, but there are bears everywhere up here. Unfortunately, they know about people's trash, and some up here don't even hibernate anymore because of the steady food source.

Capslock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they need to make better bear-proof trashcans then!
    I'd tell you to scare it but it would probably attack someone b/c it was scared :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah lets see some pictures [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    ~Brandon~ aka ~Carnivorkid~
    Member of SEPACPS
    My Growlist

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast