Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler,
    I've seen the debunking sites, and it seems that all Moore is guilty of is shading his presentation for dramatic purposes. The basic facts are all correct, he's just packaged it in a persuasive format. Most of the material in F-911 was already publicly known, just not packaged in such a watchable way.

Incidentally, I thought Columbine was a better movie, and I didn't think it was anti-gun at all. It approached the issue by asking difficult questions about why our murder rates are so high in this country, and concluded it wasn't about gun control, but about a culture of fear that we cultivate. There's a reason he won an Academy Award for it, you know.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhh id also like to say that whole hunting thing is BC How could he say he is a sportsman when he got an F from the NRA?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling for Columbine was great. Totally, totally not an anti-gun movie. If anything, it's an anti-media movie. The gist of the movie is that the media has created this hightened sense of fear among americans, which has led to a case of itchy trigger fingers, if you know what i mean. which is why we have such a high murder rate. look at canada, much more guns per capita, but their murder rate is but a fraction of ours. kind of the same thing with our silly and stupid terror alert system. let's raise it to orange so everyone stays afraid. basically, the american public is being played like a puppet by that joke of a homeland security department.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] by sarracenia. First, obviously the Florida vote was fixed to give it to Bush, regardless of who actually won the state.
    Talk about a bunch of sore losers.
    The votes were counted in my home state of Florida.
    The vote was not fixed.
    That was four years ago.
    Busch won.
    Quit whining.
    GET OVER IT.

After the Vietnam war, John Kerry's testimony before a senate committee denigrated our soldiers who fought there. He is doing the same thing now but in a more subtle way. He is not only unscrupulous but dangerous. Electing him our next president is a scary thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Oct. 28 2004,9:38)]The vote was not fixed.
    everything i've read seems to show the contrary. i'm not whining about the Fl vote count. it's just one of the many things that pisses me off about Bush and how apparently almost half of the country is just as moronic as him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Lauderdale, you better get used to it. Many, many, many of us will never get over what happened in Florida. The stench of corruption is burned forever into our senses.

Regardless of your party affiliation, it should be common sense among all of us that having an election commissioner who is also the campaign chair for one of the candidates is an obvious and dangerous conflict of interest. Election fairness should be a non-partisan concern, and it simply wasn't in 2000 in Florida.

From the illegal purging of thousands of minority voters from the rolls to the ultimately successful efforts to stop any recounts, Kathleen Harris successfully stole the election in her state, and in a twist of fate, for the rest of the country as well.

We have moved on. We've moved on by taking new precautions, and we have a new appreciation for the ugly realities these days. We've accepted what has happened, but won't let it happen again. It is our duty to America and democracy to ensure that something like that doesn't happen again.

Capslock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah know i do realize Bush has made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes BUT Kerry in the white house IS NOT a good solution. he can not and will never be trusted. everything he has said he will do COMPLETLY contridicts his past record. be medical care, taxes, gun control, military spending.....what ever take your pick, his current stance is not supported in the least by his history and that is a very bad sign. Bush has actually done very little that has surprised me. i can deal with him for another 4 years, Kerry in the White House is just plain INSANE!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see it, rattler. His record is not what you're saying it is. His tax policies are decidedly moderate, as is his voting record. They tell you how often he voted for some tax increase, but they didn't tell you how much he voted for tax cuts. They tell you how often he voted against some defense program, but they don't give the context or how often he voted for defense increases. These things are never as simple as the propagandists make them. For example, he really does support the right to own guns and really does hunt. That isn't fake. I join you in opposing his opposition to the assault-weapons ban, but it's not the end of the world.

Kerry will likely support policies similar to those of Clinton. Fairly moderate, and economically more conservative and responsible than the current deficit-crazy occupant. And perhaps most important, I believe Kerry will appoint more thoughtful and moderate Supreme Court justices who will affect us for decades. Imagine more Clarence Thomas and Rhenquist types dominating the court.

Capslock

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast