What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential poll

• Thread starter peter
  • Start date
oh and note ever US soldier i have talked to including those getting shot at are voting for BUSH

i would just like to say, since we're on the war, we lost more people in 9-11 than in the entire war! now thats good leadership, and training, not to mention that iraqis all over are finnaly able to vote for their president

I finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11 the other day. while i did think a lot of it was open to interpretation, there were a few things that really hit home as to what Bush really is. First, obviously the Florida vote was fixed to give it to Bush, regardless of who actually won the state. Second, his reaction upon learning the WTC and pentagon were attacked. he just sat there. no one was telling him what to do and he didn't know what to do. granted, it's a shocking moment, and I could see maybe sitting there for a minute or two to collect your thoughts, but for 12 minutes or whatever it was. just classless. Third, the amount of money the Bush family and their cronies are making off the war in Iraq is astounding. And then you find out they were planning on going to Iraq before they even took office. Things that make you go Hmmm....
Lastly - the various clips of Bush that show him to be nothing more than a moron. I mean, come on people, is this man you want representing your country?

okay the director of that movie said "theres a reason kerry is called the most liberal member in congress, because he is, michael morre only cares about making money, not to mention they played it in texas in these 2 seat theatres so they could say people in bush's home state sold out the theatre, also the movie farenheip 9/11 a movie proving who kerry really is was introduced into this theatre, and every time someone wanted to buy tickets they found out it was sold out, turns out soros bought out the theatre so no one would go see it

LOL Mike! Nice.

Rattler, over 10,000 Iraqi CIVILIANS have been killed, too. And, no, Moore does NOT say his movie is full of lies or half-truths. That's just wrong. He HAS said that his movies are as much editorials as documentaries, though. He admits to having a point of view and wanting to persuade, which are not strictly things documentaries do.

Capslock

Dang I thought Peter was the one that stated lets not turn this into an argument, just a poll? And a correction, you will not find a soldier who is thinking what he is doing is wrong and wants out, rattler is correct every solder encluding myself will vote for bush.

Huh? There's fairly widespread opposition to the war among soliders, and many veterans groups that oppose the war.

Edit: here's a good article on the subject:
Soldiers opposing the war

Capslock

actually i dont think this is an argument. i think the points being brought up are well thought out. no one is getting out of line.now to continue. i am not really all that much pro-Bush. normally the patriot act would have been enough for me to kick him out HOWEVER i am HIGHLY anti-Kerry. i agree Bush may not be the best man for the job but Kerry DEFINATLY isnt even fit to be a senator and he has proved this by his absolute horrid attendance record and flipping back and forth on the same issues while holding the title of senator. also on who is making money in Iraq. someone was going to. who ever was in the WH his buddies would be making money on it. as to planning on going there ahead of 9-11 i say good Saddam should have been taken out 13 years ago. Afganistan has had its first ever free democratic election, the ppl of that country are feriously backing their own army.

im not going by articles Capslock im going by ppl i have talked to PERSONALLy, at this time that talleys to about 50 soldiers in all walks of life and fields of duty including 10 who have been on the recieving end of fire in Iraq and Afganistan. the media is heavily biased. you need to read LOTS of stuff from LOTS of different sources.

well my dad is in the air force, well wa a major, but now he works lockheed, still a government job, he's voting for bush

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 27 2004,6:48)]And, no, Moore does NOT say his movie is full of lies or half-truths.
he didnt say it about his movie, he just said it in a speech

Well, this topic and the poll is about the same as last time. I'm not going to go through the same points as were made during the the last topic about this.
All I'm going to say is I believe we need a change. I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. So my thoughts are not fogged by all the political propaganda by either side. I think Bush has made the wrong decision on every thing he has done. I can't find one thing that he's done right. He's lied to the US and the world. He has killed over 1000 Americans and of other humans in a war that should have never started. He let the real targets escape while he invaded Iraq.
With the economy all I'll say is that I'm way worse off now than I was when he took office. I won't even mention the environment.
I'm going to use my vote to do whatever I can to get him out of office. If Kermit the frog was running against him I'd vote for Kermit.

Could you find that quote for me, Kirk?

Ozzy, agreed as usual.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] he does flip back and forth between which side of an issue he is on.
that's what bush keeps saying. if you say kery is flip floping, then bush is too. It's not as simple as saying he's for it or against the war. Life is more complex than that. He has voted for certain things, and agaisnt other things. SPECIFIC things about how the war was going to be fought.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]rattler is correct every solder encluding myself will vote for bush.
aren't you exaggerating a little bit :p

bush doesn't admit his mistakes. remember that ad? he sure took a while to answer and then he said "I'm sure something will pop into my head" (or something to that effect) Then he said that he wasn't worried about osama bin laden, his campaign uses wolves to SCARE people (both have used scare tactics. I don't know what's so bad about that... but I'd say that bush has used it more... true, I've seen more negative ads about bush, BUT they were from independent groups. the bulk of the negative ads have been bushs') wolves to scare people? that's LOW. did you know that that footage was ment for greenpeace??? that sure shows how much bush cares about the environment.
and I don't know who's fault that is, but education has gotten bad since bush came to office. my school is HORRIBLY crowded (the 9th grade has to go to another school for pete's sake! we have to go to pick them up after school... and the classrooms are full.) and I don't really like block scheduling. Math, ENGLISH (you're ALWAYS reading a book and doing vocab stuff... which I hate) another language, etc... we are just going too fast! and they have to cut down on the material because they have to fit two days of work in one day (and no, the periods aren't twice as long... they're longer, but not twice as long) ... not to mention that a full semester passes by from english 9 to english 10 (or actually a full year could pass...) so by the time you get to english 10, you've already forgotten everything!
Many more people (iraqi's exist you know... they're alive too!!! and many of them are civilians... americans only look at how many americans died) have been killed than in 9-11... all because of a fake threat. Why doesn't bush invade korea (and the others)? because they ARE a threat.
and what about embryonic stem cell research? You'd rather save a cluster of 8 human cells (you kill 100's more by scratching your arm... or drinking alcohol or doing basically anything) than save the lives of HUMANS? human cells over humans... I think that's backwards.
and bush is terrible for the environment. ask anyone and they'll tell you that.
and many more things...

Alpha i agree with you completely on Bush using the Ossama as a scare tactic in his campaigns problem is there is a bit of truth in it, not a complete truth but not a complete lie either.

Ozzy i FULLY AGREE with you that we need a change however Kerry IS NOT a change in the right direction and there is not a decent third party candidate in the bunch(i think there are 6 candidates total on our ballots here in Montana).Kerry is as big a liar, MUCH BIGGER than Bush. look at Kerry's voting record in the Senate. He says he is a friend of sportsmen and firearms owners yer EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS VOTES has been to take my guns away. he wants to keep jobs in the states but his wife is moving all heintz plants to Mexico. he wants to lower health care costs but his running mate, John Edwards, is an ambulance chaser who is the EXACT type of lawyer that drove up health care costs to begin with. he says lower taxes but has consistantly voted to RAISE taxes. the man CANNOT be trusted any more than Bush in fact i will take Bush over Kerry in anything if those two are the only two choices.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]John Edwards, is an ambulance chaser
umm... ambulances chase him because he's such a good lawyer.
and what's wrong with defending the people from injustice?

and you know what I hate? I hate it that when they (the media) asks the candidate's... campaign whatevers if they're worried about something, they're always "oh no we're not worried" and stuff like that... oh please! could it be more obvious?

Bush, I am with Rattler, I am not Pro-everything Bush but I will take him over Kerry any day. I just do not think he has the backbone to lead the most powerful nation in the world. Kerry owns ....I beleive its 7 homes all of which will require Secret Service 24hrs a day, at certainly not his cost. Kerry's wife IS moving Heinze factories out of U.S. and hiring foreign workers to fill the new positions in other countries. While it is Kerry's wife not Kerry, how much does he really care about his hoopla about keeping jobs here if his own family is practicing otherwise and he will most deffinately benefit from her decision to do this. I am most concerned with safety of our nation. Whether or not you blame Bush for Arab countries being angered with us is of little difference, cause the fact is that there are groups who will do us harm if given the chance regaurdless of whos fault it is for them wanting this. Do you fully in your mind beleive that Kerry can keep the fighting somewhere other than here in our homes and neighborhoods? Hypothetically: If the international community said we do not support you taking Bin Laden back to U.S. to be brought befor our courts for the mass killing, Do you think Kerry would do it anyway or would listen to "the international community"? Though hypothetical, I beleive this farely represents the way in which I beleive Kerry is easily persuaded by popularity not. Popularity only counts in the campaign race, how will he be in "reality" after he doesn't have care what you think?

Joe

Back