What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presidential poll

• Thread starter peter
  • Start date
Yes alphawolf it was a slight exaggeration, you could have let it slide though
smilie4.gif

Moore said Kerry may not be perfect, but is far superior to former Vice President Al Gore and this year's other Democratic presidential hopefuls. "There's a reason that they're saying Kerry is the No. 1 liberal in the Senate," said Moore. "It's because he is the No. 1 liberal in the Senate."

Heres an interesting quote from Micheal Moore. In all honesty I sure hope even Kerry doesn't support such idiotic statements.
"Sleep till noon, drink beer, vote for Kerry Nov. 2," he shouted. "That's the slacker motto."

Joe

Whoops, sorry Kirk! I meant to post to Rattler to confirm his statement: "also i would like to point out that very few ppl take Micheal moore seriously. his first movie was full of lies and half truths BY HIS OWN ADMISSION"

Joe, it was just a joke about the slacker college students he's trying to get to vote!

Capslock

Alpha there is a difference between getting what is fair and deserved out of a legal battle and the kind of "justice" Edwards does.
check this out this  Washington Times article

Capslock, i figured you ment me, im looking for the site but either he changed it or im just tired. its been 2 12 hour days at work. i promise you i will find the site and get it to you.

oopps... I thought you (kirk) were the one that posted that about moore admitting that. ... so of course I didn't find that quote :p
... what's wrong with being liberal anyway?
you really can't blame edwards for thinking that some of the problems were caused at childbirth. They didn't know that before.
... but I really don't know much about lawyers or medicare or stuff like that so I'm just not going to say anything about it.

Alpha--i had a better site to show that stuff but its gotten lost since the Edwards/flu vaccine shortage BS went on. it USED to be the first link on google when i did a search now i cant find it. there really needs to be a cap on liability lawsuits. WE americans have gotten sue happy and now its biting us in the rear. i cannot afford health issurance its either inssure me or inssure Darlas two lil girls. guess which it is? it all has to do with lawyers making millions off of frivoulus or in some cases where they are just asking and getting INSANE amounts of money. Kerrys solution for this is impossible. it does no fix anything. the cost of health issurance would still be more than i can afford. granted Bush hasnt done anything either. infact i think my state will fix its own health care problems before the US Gov't has a chance. atleast it looks like it and i hope it does.

Capslock. i honestly cannot find the site. it was originally on Moore's own website but i think it got deleated for all his election BS he has on there. i can show you a website de-bunking both Bowling and farenhiet and the guy has links to all his sources for his info. also the guy who spent so much of his time making the site to tear those two movies apart said, and i quote "i dont think Moore is a bad guy, i think he is trying to do good things, he is just going about it completely the wrong way"

Rattler,
I've seen the debunking sites, and it seems that all Moore is guilty of is shading his presentation for dramatic purposes. The basic facts are all correct, he's just packaged it in a persuasive format. Most of the material in F-911 was already publicly known, just not packaged in such a watchable way.

Incidentally, I thought Columbine was a better movie, and I didn't think it was anti-gun at all. It approached the issue by asking difficult questions about why our murder rates are so high in this country, and concluded it wasn't about gun control, but about a culture of fear that we cultivate. There's a reason he won an Academy Award for it, you know.

Capslock

uhh id also like to say that whole hunting thing is BC How could he say he is a sportsman when he got an F from the NRA?

Bowling for Columbine was great. Totally, totally not an anti-gun movie. If anything, it's an anti-media movie. The gist of the movie is that the media has created this hightened sense of fear among americans, which has led to a case of itchy trigger fingers, if you know what i mean. which is why we have such a high murder rate. look at canada, much more guns per capita, but their murder rate is but a fraction of ours. kind of the same thing with our silly and stupid terror alert system. let's raise it to orange so everyone stays afraid. basically, the american public is being played like a puppet by that joke of a homeland security department.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] by sarracenia.  First, obviously the Florida vote was fixed to give it to Bush, regardless of who actually won the state.
Talk about a bunch of sore losers.
The votes were counted in my home state of Florida.
The vote was not fixed.
That was four years ago.
Busch won.
Quit whining.
GET OVER IT.

After the Vietnam war, John Kerry's testimony before a senate committee denigrated our soldiers who fought there.  He is doing the same thing now but in a more subtle way.  He is not only unscrupulous but dangerous.  Electing him our next president is a scary thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Oct. 28 2004,9:38)]The vote was not fixed.
everything i've read seems to show the contrary. i'm not whining about the Fl vote count. it's just one of the many things that pisses me off about Bush and how apparently almost half of the country is just as moronic as him.

Oh, Lauderdale, you better get used to it. Many, many, many of us will never get over what happened in Florida. The stench of corruption is burned forever into our senses.

Regardless of your party affiliation, it should be common sense among all of us that having an election commissioner who is also the campaign chair for one of the candidates is an obvious and dangerous conflict of interest. Election fairness should be a non-partisan concern, and it simply wasn't in 2000 in Florida.

From the illegal purging of thousands of minority voters from the rolls to the ultimately successful efforts to stop any recounts, Kathleen Harris successfully stole the election in her state, and in a twist of fate, for the rest of the country as well.

We have moved on. We've moved on by taking new precautions, and we have a new appreciation for the ugly realities these days. We've accepted what has happened, but won't let it happen again. It is our duty to America and democracy to ensure that something like that doesn't happen again.

Capslock

yah know i do realize Bush has made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes BUT Kerry in the white house IS NOT a good solution. he can not and will never be trusted. everything he has said he will do COMPLETLY contridicts his past record. be medical care, taxes, gun control, military spending.....what ever take your pick, his current stance is not supported in the least by his history and that is a very bad sign. Bush has actually done very little that has surprised me. i can deal with him for another 4 years, Kerry in the White House is just plain INSANE!

I just don't see it, rattler. His record is not what you're saying it is. His tax policies are decidedly moderate, as is his voting record. They tell you how often he voted for some tax increase, but they didn't tell you how much he voted for tax cuts. They tell you how often he voted against some defense program, but they don't give the context or how often he voted for defense increases. These things are never as simple as the propagandists make them. For example, he really does support the right to own guns and really does hunt. That isn't fake. I join you in opposing his opposition to the assault-weapons ban, but it's not the end of the world.

Kerry will likely support policies similar to those of Clinton. Fairly moderate, and economically more conservative and responsible than the current deficit-crazy occupant. And perhaps most important, I believe Kerry will appoint more thoughtful and moderate Supreme Court justices who will affect us for decades. Imagine more Clarence Thomas and Rhenquist types dominating the court.

Capslock

actually a bill Kerry FULLY supported would have completely outlawed hunting with rifles because the bill outlawed any ammo that would pierce a cops kevlar vest. any smart cop knows that hunting ammo out of a 30-30 lever gun will pinch through kevlar. kevlar vests were designed for stopping medium powered pistol rounds. heck lead cast bullets from my 44 mag revolver will zip through a kevlar vest at 25 feet and i can prove it if you wish to supply the vest. these are bullet designed for the SOLE purpose of putting an animal down quickly and humainly not to "kill cops". ALSO Kerrys couple of hunting photo ops have been just that, photo ops. he is not a hunter. his statements on hunting do prove this if you are a serious or even semi-serios hunter. also do you actually believe his wife will stand there and let him raise her taxes? last year she paid 12.4% in taxes. you and i are over 20%. also it is a FACT that she is moving her factories to Mexico when he says he is going to keep jobs in the US. if he is not going to have his wife do this for even his benifit during the election just how firm do you think he is going to be about keeping jobs in the US while he is president?

He's not a hardcore hunter, but it's something he does and has done as a casual hobbyist. I don't believe that bill read that explicitly or would be enforced that explicitly, and even if it did, would be overturned quickly because of the obviously unintended consquences.

Second, yes, he would raise the taxes of his wife. It's totally consistent with his policies. Incidentally, those increases would apply to me, too. I would like to see the loopholes and exemptions fixed, aslo, so the rich (including myself, barely) would have to pay their fair share. You cannot fault his wife for following the existing tax laws; it's something everyone is entitled to. Finally, with respect to jobs, there can be no question that the Clinton-style economy Kerry supports creates far more jobs than the disastrous Bush economy. The Bush administration has lost jobs for the first time in many, many decades.

Capslock

the economy was going into a slump before Bush got into office. while he hasnt totally helped the situation you cannot fully give him the blaim either. i flat out do not trust Kerry. i dont think we are ever going to see eye to eye on this Capslock, you vote for Kerry, ill vote for Bush, so i guess im going to bow out of the argument semi gracefully, its been a great and civil discution though. dont want to loose your help on our up coming project because i finally loose my temper and say something ill regret
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i would just like to say, since we're on the war, we lost more people in 9-11 than in the entire war! now thats good leadership, and training, not to mention that iraqis all over are finnaly able to vote for their president

And the dafur genocide has lost more than all of the causes put to geather. Women are raped as a scare tactic. Children are kidnapped into slavery. hundreds of thousends massacured, far more than what happened under saddam. And yet we do nothing. no one talks about ot. no one cares. certainly a more knoblw cause than iraq, woulnt u say?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]not to mention that iraqis all over are finnaly able to vote for their president
By 'iraqies all over' you mean the proveneces mostly inhabited ny wandering desert nomads

Back