Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft? no draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and that has nothing to do with genes. (or... it has less to do with genes than the environment)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not at all confused AW.
    -We were attacked on September 11, 2001 by people who (under the guise of their religion) want to murder all infidels...that includes you, me and our families.
    -Our Commander in Chief chose to counterattack.
    -Many of those people just happen to be in Afghanistan and Iraq.
    -We are fighting a war so you can continue living unmolested in the US, so you are not forced to kneel and pray five times a day, so you can have an alcoholic beverage if you so choose, so your lady can wear a miniskirt if she wants…and most of all, so you can post on this forum and not get a knock on your door in the middle of the night.
    -We may need to reinstitute the draft to achieve our goals.
    -You may chose break the law, to refuse your duty as a citizen to be drafted......
    What is so confusing about that?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If u go to war ur more likely to die than someone who wimps out and doges the draft. Finch
    And I quote Teddy again, “It is far better to have lived one day as a lion than your whole life as a sheep”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote[/b] ]and where is it our country gets rich from war with other countries? oil? HA, yeah thats why our oil prices are up right? Cause we are controlling it?
    Profits do travel much further than the Corporate Office. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Has been going on for a number of years (since the '70's if I recall correctly). Why would the corporate elite pass down the profits to us when they don't have to? Why not give yourself a $20 million dollar pay increase for streamlining a company (cutting 1000s of jobs)? "We", or International Corporations (most likely) have it all worked out with their own best interest in mind.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 31 2004,4:46)]and bush attacked iraq with the excuse that there were WMD and that it was harboring terrorists and that it had ties to 9-11. all of that was wrong. it is only because they were totally wrong that he turns to bringing (IMPOSING) democracy to (ON) the world.
    you didnt hear about russia admiting that they removed weapons from iraq and into syria the DAY before the US went in?
    You didnt hear that?
    COMEON, Putin came right out and admitted it.

Saddam had it, and it was moved by russia, but yet democrats and many other still sit there saying the weapons didnt exsist.

And chemicals on his own people, are not considered WMD?
    He used them. SO he had them.

and what is happening in those other countries is worse then iraq, and we should be paying attention to BOTH.
    And many more countries for the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'had' is the past tence of 'has'

Holmer its been like that for ever and its far better now than virtually any time in history.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iraq had no ties to alquaeda and the govt. admits it.
    The people you're talking about is osama bin laden and others. Not iraq. There wouldn't even be any talk about a draft if they had dealt with the people who did that and not iraq. We don't NEED a draft anyway! everyone says so. so why should there be a draft? I'm not going to risk my life if I don't have to. I love life and I'm not going to take it away either. Not for a war that shouldn't have happened anyway.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post can go on and on but the bottom line is:
    Some peple think a draft is necessary to protect our rights and liberty and show that we care about, and want, our freedom.
    Others say that they do care about their freedom, but they don't want to be forced to fight for a war they don't belive in is useful, or don't want to.

I won't be forced to fight for anyone, and the only time i'll fight is if a person comes to me personally and threatens me or my family or friends in one way or another. I'll defend myself, but i'm not going to war. I love my life way too much, but i understand some might be willing to give up their lives for the country's liberty which i think, is defeating the purpose. If your dead, how can you enjoy the freedom your fighting for? Might sound selfish, but i'm not stupid or brainwashed with the whole "fighting to the death" thing.
    Lauderdale:
    We aren't brutes, we are much smarter.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did notice we are all talking like there will be a draft.
    bush said he wasnt doing one.
    so there are no worries

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast