Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft? no draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, during the end of the Vietnam war the borders to canada and mexico were sealed to those of draft age (I think 18-26 year olds but I'm not positive). My uncle was running an sort of "underground railroad" to get hippies outta the country during Nam when he got snagged by the feds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that... LOL! they have to seal off the borders to keep people in. now that's ironic!!!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same illegal in/out routes apply to that sort of operation as with migrants coming/going. It's just that theres is never very big instances of Americans sneaking out of the country during peacetime. What would you do, sneak into mexico city and get your old job back? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    But during wartime it's different and a federal crime for the person crossing the border and of course, anyone helping them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't like to be drafted; however, I am not really against the draft. If it weren't for a draft, Hitler would likely have succeeded in conquering the world. However, I think people should only be drafted to defend the country, not to mess with other countries.

Ideally, we would have a militia instead of a standing army, as was outlined in the constitution. That way the power would be in the hands of the people, and presidents would mettling with other countries' problems. There also would be no $$$$$$$$ going into the fighting business.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why mexico city? what job? LOL
    sure... it would be easy to get back to the way it was before I came. get into school, finish it, go to college, piece of cake :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]tary enrollment is declining and the situation in Iraq isn't helping that trend
    would u enroll to go into that ?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with luis on this one... first announcement of a draft, i'm on a plane to the Dominican Republic because thats gonna take this country downhill and fast. I don't think we are the same nation we were 100 years or even 10 years back, and if a draft is initiated, i don't expect that its going to be "welcomed with open arms", especially for a war that most people think is unecessary and costly.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]first announcement of a draft, i'm on a plane to the Dominican Republic because thats gonna take this country downhill and fast.
    Or maybe uphill if all the people who don't want to defend the country leave [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    the cellist

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast