User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 132

Thread: Draft? no draft?

  1. #25
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why care about a country that doesnt care about you?
    clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]See the government is hypocritical.
    I don't agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Things said and promised, though might be done the way they are advertized, are just a nice presentation.
    I don't agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]99% of what the government does we don't know about and probably won't even agree with.
    I don't agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I would never fight for any country, what has it done for me?
    oh, nothing much, except given you the FREEDOM to publicly espress your opinions, and only given you the BEST quality of living of ANY society in the entire history of the human race!
    your ENTIRE LIFE, everything you own, your computer, your TV, your entire cushy american existance, DEPENDS on people fighting wars to allow you to keep all that!
    but yeah, what has America ever done for you?
    nothing really..

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Other than label, and stereotype youth and culture.
    I don't agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]No one is agaisnt this country,
    yes you are, your entire post proves you are..

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]i'm just not going to go fight for it. President Bush wants a war, let him go fight it. I'll be here living my life.
    while others WILL go to war to protect YOUR right to live that life! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    you are just lucky there are Men and Women who WILL fight to protect your lazy selfish lifestyle...because if everyone thought like you, you would be a slave in a coal mine in China right now..

    Scot

    -------------
    edited for less inflamatory word choice.




  2. #26
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *looks at scottychaos post and ducks*


    wait for it... wait for it....
    that makes no logic

  3. #27
    Lauderdale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] by Rubra. Or maybe uphill if all the people who don't want to defend the country leave
    Very well said Rubra.

    Scottychaos. Very well put. You said it all. I agree.

    "Ask not what your country can do for you. But ask, what you can do for your country" One of our past presidents said that...and he gave his life for his beliefs. How many of you "brave" souls even remember who he was?

    I belive every citizen should have to perform at least eighteen months service for his country. Not necessarily military (Our all volunteer military is doing just fine thank you very much.) but some service such as helping the poor, caring for the elderly, teaching the illiterate, conservation work or some other act that will help make this a better country. Oh! It also may enlighten some of our more selfish citizens to the fact that the world does NOT owe them a living but they do owe their country something.

  4. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zone 9
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Why care about a country that doesnt care about you? See the government is hypocritical. Things said and promised, though might be done the way they are advertized, are just a nice presentation. 99% of what the government does we don't know about and probably won't even agree with.
    It so happens, that the only way these people get into government positions is if we elect them. If you think you could do better, why don't you campaign?

    Also, the only reason some of us don't know what our government is doing, is because we don't bother to find out. Here is a link to the congressional weekly online. If you subscribe, you hear all about what is happening...

    Peter
    the cellist

  5. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] ]
    Why care about a country that doesnt care about you?

    clueless
    [QUOTE=[b]Quote[/b] ]I would never fight for any country, what has it done for me?

    oh, nothing much, except given you the FREEDOM to publicly espress your opinions, and only given you the BEST quality of living of ANY society in the entire history of the human race!
    your ENTIRE LIFE, everything you own, your computer, your TV, your entire cushy american existance, DEPENDS on people fighting wars to allow you to keep all that!
    but yeah, what has America ever done for you?
    nothing really..
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]No one is agaisnt this country,

    yes you are, your entire post proves you are..
    No i don't, this country great. I went overboard with my statements because of a personal experience and people around me's experiences. I'm from new york city and the events of 9/11 struck me hard. You would think twice about fighting for any country if, like me, you knew people who died in 9/11. I was angry for a long time after that not just at the people that played the whole thing out, but at the fact that this country (unknowingly of course) let that happen. the things i said weren't based on facts.. just my anger. This country may have been good to you, but many people have been treated unfairly by this system. Its not perfect.

    and as for the draft.. me fighting for any country depends on alot of things, but no government can make me fight for them.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

  6. #30
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great debate, lets keep it clean. Carry on, but if it gets violent.......its locked.

    As for the draft, I'm against it, go into the military if you want, you should have a choice darn it.

    The draft is a bunch of hog wash, personally. I believe in this country but no one is making me go into war, especially when its for no good reason, like Vietnam, and Iraq. We just make ourselves look bad, and then we're stuipd lettin our boys get killed over there. I cry everynight just about watching CBS news Honoring Fallen heros, its sickening after a while.

  7. #31

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    somewhere in NJ
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Draft!!!

  8. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I would very easily take my own kneecaps, no running or hiding for me - I have a family. I can live with broken kneecaps
    OUCH!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]oh, nothing much, except given you the FREEDOM to publicly espress your opinions, and only given you the BEST quality of living of ANY society in the entire history of the human race!
    so taking away your freedom for the draft in a time when you don't need a draft and MAKING you "support" the war or go out there and kill people/be killed is freedom? I don't think taking away freedom to "protect" freedom is right. I could support the COUNTRY (supporting the war and supporting the country are two totally different things.) much better if there wasn't a draft.
    and I disagree that we have the highest standard of life. I really don't remember the name of this country... norway? it's an european country anyway... that is the richest country per person (the US is the richest partly because of it's size) and it even has a national surplus and not a national debt. people there also work less and are better off.
    (don't start telling me to move there or anything... plenty of reasons why I CAN'T move there)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We just make ourselves look bad
    true... you should hear some of the things other countries say (I'm from mexico remember?)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •