What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft? no draft?

That gene pool statement was great, come up with that yourself? Let's use your idea and see what happens. We'll have 100 people, half which want to fight, and half who don't. There will be a war every few years. The 50 warheads each take a side of the war and fight. Lets say 3/5 of them die. 20 of them left. The 50 "wussies" survive and procreate doubleing their numbers, now 100 "wussies" on earth. The 20 veterans procreate. Now 40 warheads. Here comes another war, a few years later, all the war heads sign up and go to the war. Let's say 3/5 die (again) 16 warheads left. The wussies survive and procreate doubleing their number. 200 wussies. The warheads do too. 32 warheads. I think you're starting to get the hang of it. This is just a basic illustration. Using only basic thoughts. Not including that probably more warheads will die than that and that the number isn't constant, and also the biological, chemical, and nuclear factors the warheads face.
I don't think the purpose of us being here on earth is to fight, it's just a major side effect of us not being able to govern ourselves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolf9striker @ Oct. 31 2004,1:46)]Sounds like to me that plenty of people on here that are plenty glad and willing to reap the luxuries and freedoms that past generations have granted us.  But when it comes time to sow a little bit of themselves they are going to turn tail and run.  By all means if you dont feel you should have to then leave the country but dont come back.  That way myself and others dont have to think that there are people who dont appreciate the fact that we risk our lives so that you can live in a country where you can be free!
and THAT my friends is how it should be.
As many would say.. W3RD!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 31 2004,10:03)]That gene pool statements great, did you come up with it yourself? Let's put that experiment to the test. We'll have 100 people, half which want to fight, and half who don't. There will be a war every few years. The 50 warheads each take a side of the war and fight. Lets say 3/5 of them die. 20 of them left. The 50 "wussies" survive and procreate doubleing their numbers, now 100 "wussies" on earth. The 20 veterans procreate. Now 40 warheads. Here comes another war, a few years later, all the war heads sign up and go to the war. Let's say 3/5 die (again) 16 warheads left. The wussies survive and procreate doubleing their number. 200 wussies. The warheads do too. 32 warheads. I think you're starting to get the hang of it. This is just a basic illustration. Using only basic thoughts. Not including that probably more warheads will die than that and that the number isn't constant, and also the biological, chemical, and nuclear factors the warheads face.
I don't think the purpose of us being here on earth is to fight, it's just a major side effect of us not being able to govern ourselves.
and then this country will be full of wussies..
oh hey it already is.

I do appreciate what i have, and not one person here that opposes the draft has said that. I'm just not going to be forced to fight for any country. The only two scenarios in which i'll fight is if:
1. Someone comes up to my doorstep, threatening me or my family.
2. When any government tries to initiate a draft.

Labeling someone a wussie because they don't want to defend a country is ridiculous, i'll defend myself and the people i want to defend. I would go to war but i like my life. I won't gamble with my life for anyone. If i had no life or a prepared future, sign me up, but fortunately i do.

Well Patch I certainly admire your regard for your country, but that does not grant that other's who don't share your belief system are "pathetic". I demonstrated actively against the Vietnam War (that never was real "War"), and I put my freedom and comfort on the line to do so, as did millions who saw Vietnam as the horrible crime and waste that it was. It was not because we were anti-American, quite the contrary - and it was not because we were cowards: our own government was shooting us down for standing up for what was RIGHT. TEll the kids gunned down at Kent State that they lacked "balls"! I resented then, and continue to resent now the invitation to leave the country if I don't like being called on to murder to support the profits of big business.

Also, your use of the word "pathetic" is a loaded phrase designed to appeal to the emotional side, and to heat things up. I suggest you limit your comments in this regard, and stick to a presentation of your opinion that does not include name calling. When name calling starts, intelligent discussion ends, as will this thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is OUR country that we can sit on our asses and get welfare.
It is our country that everyone WISHES they were like.
It is OUR country that we can have comforts of sitting in home and watch on big screens, surround sounds, drive cars, video games.
It is our country and some others that we are able to HAVE a hobby like growing CPs.

Have you talked to other countries lately? I do everyday and the general populations of "other countries" think America is a dead end. They also think we are like children, ready to fight anyone anywhere for anything.

For those of you who are so bold as to call others wussies why are you not out fighting instead of bothering people who don't beleive in your cause. Like a bully picking on a pascifast instead of picking a fight with another fighter. You have sooo much to say about those who don't fight all the while NOT FIGTING. I too am more than capable of physically holding my own and I have watched people die- dead in the street. The question is not can I handle it, the question is should they have died and should it be by my hands. Neandertals are gone for a reason, its because all braun and no brain doesn't cut it. So if you are so gungho then go fight, its looking like less of a chance you'll come home anyway. Meanwhile the rest will continue on with life.

"Wussie", I got your wussie right here!
blues.gif

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They also think we are like children, ready to fight anyone anywhere for anything.
yes. and I can tell you that because I am from another country. I don't agree with my family in this but yesterday they were comparing the US. govt (not US people... no one in our family has anything against the US people. just the govt.) to communism and nazis (going into war with everyone and getting rich from their resources and wanting to impose their form of government to other countries)... etc.

so its unimportant that millions died by saddams hands?
unimportant that women were treated like crap?
it may be their culture, but it was our culture once that women couldnt vote, and couldnt hardly do much at all.

they exprience extremism against women there and we should just leave them?

and i never called anyone "pathetic"
I would fight, was gonna fight. Was in the army for a time, but didnt like how things were run by the officers (was going to be one). My branch had no coordination, and I has offered a job elsewhere.
So I took the job.
Why don't I fight now? Cause my fellow soldiers are doing it.
But I sure as heck wont run out from a draft.
I wont run towards signing up, but I sure wont run away from it.

and where is it our country gets rich from war with other countries?
oil? HA, yeah thats why our oil prices are up right? Cause we are controlling it?
and the money spent on rebuilding the country we demolished?
how about that?
we rebuilt some of europe when it was germany that destroyed it.
we are rebuilding iraq, but we arent being helped to rebuild the twin towers that the terrorist destroyed.

give take give take.
we're giving alot, and arent taking much.

democracy may not be perfect but it sure as heck beats oppression.

vietnam was worth it, WW2 was worth it, Desert Storm was worth it, and Iraqi Freedom is worth it.
Alot of countries have what america has, which is why i didnt point a finger nor name them (too long a list).
But in all those countries, they dont oppress women.

I am not worlds best debater, cause i have thoughts that fly from every direction. But I say what I think and feel. And its thanks to the soldiers that I can write here on my computer and say this stuff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Patch @ Oct. 31 2004,1:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 31 2004,10:03)]That gene pool statements great, did you come up with it yourself? Let's put that experiment to the test. We'll have 100 people, half which want to fight, and half who don't. There will be a war every few years. The 50 warheads each take a side of the war and fight. Lets say 3/5 of them die. 20 of them left. The 50 "wussies" survive and procreate doubleing their numbers, now 100 "wussies" on earth. The 20 veterans procreate. Now 40 warheads. Here comes another war, a few years later, all the war heads sign up and go to the war. Let's say 3/5 die (again) 16 warheads left. The wussies survive and procreate doubleing their number. 200 wussies. The warheads do too. 32 warheads. I think you're starting to get the hang of it. This is just a basic illustration. Using only basic thoughts. Not including that probably more warheads will die than that and that the number isn't constant, and also the biological, chemical, and nuclear factors the warheads face.
and then this country will be full of wussies..
oh hey it already is.
Then being a wussy seems necessary for survival... if the majority of the people are "wussies". Don't you think we'd all be cavemen killing everything in sight if that necessary for survival? I'd think that the reason we have such big brains, and the fact that we can communicate would be the best bet.

brain size has nothing to do with how smart you are. otherwise sperm whales would be like teletransporting already. (wait, maybe they are and they're just moving to a better planet without some stupid idiots that kill destroy everything in sight)
i don't know how sperm whale's brains compare to ours, but elephant brains are 40 times larger (than ours)
einstain also had an average-sized brain.

As in how smart we are.. i meant it figuretively.. obviously.

well, some people are stupid and can't think for themselves and think that size does matter.

ooh

oppressed women? you want to talk oppresed woemen look at Dafur

And the dafur genocide has lost more than all of the causes put to geather. Women are raped (40% of them in some areas) as a scare tactic. Children are kidnapped into slavery. hundreds of thousends massacured, far more than what happened under saddam. Starvation of millions. And yet we do nothing. no one talks about ot. no one cares. certainly a more knoblw cause than iraq, woulnt u say?

War supporters don't actually care about those people, who's really gonna believe that? We've killed 100,000 Iraqis with our kindness and caring so far. So many times the excuse "think of the poor iraqis, all the great things we're doing for them" is used by the war supporters but at the same time those compassionate war-supporters are calling the Iraqi's  "Sand Nig--rs", "rug heads", "magic carpet riders" and "camel jockeys". I live in a small town which is full of war supporters so don't tell me it's not being said in "small town america".

As far as being brainwashed by liberals and tree huggers there's none around here, only pickup driving, shot gun owning klansmen. I came up with my ideals all by myself by reading books and questioning everything. As my parents taught me: Closing your mind to knowledge is a death sentence, with knowledge YOU are the one who is dangerous!

BTW If you study world politics and the way the operations within the government are setup in the different systems, you will see that what we have here in America is actually a republic, not a democracy. Recently I've heard/read people refering to our system as "American Democracy", which is a more apropriate way to distinguish the fact that it is seperate from a true democracy. Have fun with your fake democratic election on Tuesday - whoever wins we (the people) lose!
smile.gif

and bush attacked iraq with the excuse that there were WMD and that it was harboring terrorists and that it had ties to 9-11. all of that was wrong. it is only because they were totally wrong that he turns to bringing (IMPOSING) democracy to (ON) the world.
now there are thousands of dead PEOPLE because of the war, thousands more hurt, more terrorists than there were before, the real threat is making high quality videos, and it looks like he's doing very nice.
it is BECAUSE of the US sticking their noses in everything that there is so much anti-americans in the world. (it's not that they're against "freedom" and stuff... it's that they're against AMERICANS.) (I say "freedom" because a draft is NOT freedom)
it allows osama bin laden and others to recruit people much more easily and get more support (money). By declaring war on an idea and attacking specific countries, you're just making yourself more unpopular.

speaking of the elections, INDIA has more democratic elections than the US does. THEY know how to make electronic voting work. And though Mexico has a corrupt government, at least there are more parties to choose from (you're just wasting your vote if you don't vote for kerry or bush)... and now it's slowly getting less corrupt (now other parties besides the PRI can win LOL)

canada had four parties.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]War supporters don't actually care about those people, who's really gonna believe that?
They and EVERYONE ELSE

I live in a small war-supporting twn also and came up with my political veiws by myself... hoewver i have never seen anything like what u descibe, swards.

'the two parties act like giand down comforters, allowing the candidates to dissapeir into the enveloping softess, protecting them from exposure to the hash weather of independant thought'

You know what they say in elcectoral polotics: "'two's company, three's a problem that must be undermined trough legeslative obsticles to their fineanceing" (america: the book, a citizens guide to democricy inaction)

images

Of the three candidates in the 2000 election, Ralph nader was second only to Al Gore in costing Al gore the presedency (america: the book)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That gene pool statements great, did you come up with it yourself?
 As a matter of fact I did.  The gene pool is being diluted every day by......gee, what can my country do for me today...and I will leave it at that.
We are fortunate to be citizens of the United States and a mass emigration (Caused by the reinstitution of the draft) of people who think otherwise would be welcomed.

you're confusing not supporting war and not thinking you're fortunate to live in the US.
they're completely different things.

Back