Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft? no draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARIJAUNA LEGALIZATION! I DON'T EVEN SMOKE THE S***!
    heh sorry
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tam, U said it all! Like having my uncle on the forum!

As far as being a wussy for not dying or seeing ANYONE else die in a war I don't believe is justified I guess I'm a wussy. I can LIVE with that!

If you want to banty the "commie f@g Junkie" label on me, please realize I find all forms of government inherently corrupt. History will teach you every governing system throughout time is/has been a failure. There are no systems still surviving since antiquity, and we are begining to see the failings of Democracy after only 200-250 years. I'll admit it, I am scared for america but not of outside forces, entropy starts from within. Just look at just the incensed opinions on this simple Draft or no draft question? This is how america is these days, each side is so far apart and enraged in their ideals that I heard several of those political shows to announce "there may be violence at the polling booths on November 2nd". And additionally "members of the UN will be onhand at select US polling stations to ensure things go smoothly". Wait a minute, aren't we the ones who're supposed to be overseeing elections? Aren't we supposed to be the guarians of democracy in the civilized world? If there comes a draft I can forsee something like a civil war breaking out and I would be more surprised if that doesn't happen than if it did.

As far as fighting a war on terror, it's impossible to combat all forms of terrorism because there will ALWAYS be someone mad enough to kill themselves and others for whatever their reasons are. So to fight against an "idea" like terrorism is impossible. You can go after terrorist organizations but fighting a concept (which can come to any individual person at any given moment) is completely impossible. Unless of course they start to implant chips in our brains so that if someone thinks of acting violently they could send a shock and "neutralize" out that person... so far that hasn't happened yet.

To close up in my normal wishy-washy fashion, I don't hold anyone personally responsible for their political or religious opinions, I am only sharing mine due to the fashion I was raised I am expecting no converts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like to me that plenty of people on here that are plenty glad and willing to reap the luxuries and freedoms that past generations have granted us. But when it comes time to sow a little bit of themselves they are going to turn tail and run. By all means if you dont feel you should have to then leave the country but dont come back. That way myself and others dont have to think that there are people who dont appreciate the fact that we risk our lives so that you can live in a country where you can be free!
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The simple fact is this. Some people aren't just born to be soldiers. They love and cherish freedom and security just like anyone else does, but put them in a Humvee with a large gun, you might as well just kill them right then and there and get it over with, because they don't have the mental or physical stamina. I once saw some former soldier chew out a scrawny nerd from high school because he said he'd never join the army for the reasons I've described. That is, in a word, bullpoop.

I certainly know that if I were drafted into the army, I'd never get past the first month of training.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should stir things up…..
    What the “hey”, you want to live forever?
    War is the one “Great Adventure” of a man's life. If you enter it in the right frame of mind...if you are capable of doing your job, which is killing the enemy...and if you survive, you will be a far stronger person because of it.
    “It is far better to have lived one day as a lion than your whole life as a sheep”…T. Roosevelt.
    Man has been going to war since God created us and we will continue as long as we still exist on this planet. Unfortunately, the lack of recent battle has allowed those incapable of surviving a war to continue breeding and diluting the gene pool.
    Those are my thoughts and fortunately I am allowed to espouse them because of the brave men with a warrior mentality that fought for my right to free speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]If you enter it in the right frame of mind...if you are capable of doing your job, which is killing the enemy...and if you survive, you will be a far stronger person because of it.
    it depends on many things. if u r outnumberd and abushed, on a side with infirior weponry and numbers, you probably wont live very long.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh u think we should control hman breeding or something Gene pool my a**. If u go to war ur more likely to die than someone who wimps out and doges the draft. Whats next? Forcibly fixing criminals so their violent behavior doent perpetuate the gene bank? Behvior is not genetic, its influenced by the enviorment you gerw up in.

U seem to think war is good. R u implying we should do it more often? war is not good, if u like war so much move to colimbia. Meet exotic peoples and shoot them, right? A adventure, huh? For person on the right side of the muzle of your gun it is.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reminds you of a certain person we fought in WWII doesn't it?
    Quote[/b] ]WWII was a different matter than Vietnam. Men were signing up so fast that a draft did not to be mandated.
    because that war was just. and in all just wars, a draft will NOT bee needed because there will be plenty of people willing to kill/be killed for that cause.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast