Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft? no draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Labeling someone a wussie because they don't want to defend a country is ridiculous, i'll defend myself and the people i want to defend. I would go to war but i like my life. I won't gamble with my life for anyone. If i had no life or a prepared future, sign me up, but fortunately i do.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Patch I certainly admire your regard for your country, but that does not grant that other's who don't share your belief system are "pathetic". I demonstrated actively against the Vietnam War (that never was real "War"), and I put my freedom and comfort on the line to do so, as did millions who saw Vietnam as the horrible crime and waste that it was. It was not because we were anti-American, quite the contrary - and it was not because we were cowards: our own government was shooting us down for standing up for what was RIGHT. TEll the kids gunned down at Kent State that they lacked "balls"! I resented then, and continue to resent now the invitation to leave the country if I don't like being called on to murder to support the profits of big business.

Also, your use of the word "pathetic" is a loaded phrase designed to appeal to the emotional side, and to heat things up. I suggest you limit your comments in this regard, and stick to a presentation of your opinion that does not include name calling. When name calling starts, intelligent discussion ends, as will this thread.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is our country that everyone WISHES they were like.
    talk about brainwashing!!!!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]It is OUR country that we can sit on our ***** and get welfare.
    It is our country that everyone WISHES they were like.
    It is OUR country that we can have comforts of sitting in home and watch on big screens, surround sounds, drive cars, video games.
    It is our country and some others that we are able to HAVE a hobby like growing CPs.
    Have you talked to other countries lately? I do everyday and the general populations of "other countries" think America is a dead end. They also think we are like children, ready to fight anyone anywhere for anything.

For those of you who are so bold as to call others wussies why are you not out fighting instead of bothering people who don't beleive in your cause. Like a bully picking on a pascifast instead of picking a fight with another fighter. You have sooo much to say about those who don't fight all the while NOT FIGTING. I too am more than capable of physically holding my own and I have watched people die- dead in the street. The question is not can I handle it, the question is should they have died and should it be by my hands. Neandertals are gone for a reason, its because all braun and no brain doesn't cut it. So if you are so gungho then go fight, its looking like less of a chance you'll come home anyway. Meanwhile the rest will continue on with life.

"Wussie", I got your wussie right here! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]They also think we are like children, ready to fight anyone anywhere for anything.
    yes. and I can tell you that because I am from another country. I don't agree with my family in this but yesterday they were comparing the US. govt (not US people... no one in our family has anything against the US people. just the govt.) to communism and nazis (going into war with everyone and getting rich from their resources and wanting to impose their form of government to other countries)... etc.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so its unimportant that millions died by saddams hands?
    unimportant that women were treated like crap?
    it may be their culture, but it was our culture once that women couldnt vote, and couldnt hardly do much at all.

they exprience extremism against women there and we should just leave them?

and i never called anyone "pathetic"
    I would fight, was gonna fight. Was in the army for a time, but didnt like how things were run by the officers (was going to be one). My branch had no coordination, and I has offered a job elsewhere.
    So I took the job.
    Why don't I fight now? Cause my fellow soldiers are doing it.
    But I sure as heck wont run out from a draft.
    I wont run towards signing up, but I sure wont run away from it.

and where is it our country gets rich from war with other countries?
    oil? HA, yeah thats why our oil prices are up right? Cause we are controlling it?
    and the money spent on rebuilding the country we demolished?
    how about that?
    we rebuilt some of europe when it was germany that destroyed it.
    we are rebuilding iraq, but we arent being helped to rebuild the twin towers that the terrorist destroyed.

give take give take.
    we're giving alot, and arent taking much.

democracy may not be perfect but it sure as heck beats oppression.

vietnam was worth it, WW2 was worth it, Desert Storm was worth it, and Iraqi Freedom is worth it.
    Alot of countries have what america has, which is why i didnt point a finger nor name them (too long a list).
    But in all those countries, they dont oppress women.

I am not worlds best debater, cause i have thoughts that fly from every direction. But I say what I think and feel. And its thanks to the soldiers that I can write here on my computer and say this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Patch @ Oct. 31 2004,1:05)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 31 2004,10:03)]That gene pool statements great, did you come up with it yourself? Let's put that experiment to the test. We'll have 100 people, half which want to fight, and half who don't. There will be a war every few years. The 50 warheads each take a side of the war and fight. Lets say 3/5 of them die. 20 of them left. The 50 "wussies" survive and procreate doubleing their numbers, now 100 "wussies" on earth. The 20 veterans procreate. Now 40 warheads. Here comes another war, a few years later, all the war heads sign up and go to the war. Let's say 3/5 die (again) 16 warheads left. The wussies survive and procreate doubleing their number. 200 wussies. The warheads do too. 32 warheads. I think you're starting to get the hang of it. This is just a basic illustration. Using only basic thoughts. Not including that probably more warheads will die than that and that the number isn't constant, and also the biological, chemical, and nuclear factors the warheads face.
    I don't think the purpose of us being here on earth is to fight, it's just a major side effect of us not being able to govern ourselves.
    and then this country will be full of wussies..
    oh hey it already is.
    Then being a wussy seems necessary for survival... if the majority of the people are "wussies". Don't you think we'd all be cavemen killing everything in sight if that necessary for survival? I'd think that the reason we have such big brains, and the fact that we can communicate would be the best bet.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brain size has nothing to do with how smart you are. otherwise sperm whales would be like teletransporting already. (wait, maybe they are and they're just moving to a better planet without some stupid idiots that kill destroy everything in sight)
    i don't know how sperm whale's brains compare to ours, but elephant brains are 40 times larger (than ours)
    einstain also had an average-sized brain.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast