What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draft? no draft?

*puts face into hands.

getting into polotics is the 12th worst thing thats ever happenf to me. Can we just please, please go back to normal and forget the whole thing. Im tired of the anger.

I agree with you Finch.  Accept defeat graciously.
But I just have to say one more thing before we all start hugging and kissing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Keeping our liberty and freedom is basically up to the government, and we don't have to fight for that
Not even Ted Kennedy believes that.

I don't care what Ted Kennedy belives, its true. Our freedom is controlled by the government. Why are you saying accept defeat graciously? I'm not arguing my defeat, I'm stating what my teacher told me about the draft which pertains to the topic of this thread. Now that i know Bush was against the draft since the beginning and is planning to lower taxes, he doesn't sound half bad.

I am not picking on you AE, just trying to clear up a few misconceptions that have appeared on this thread.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Our freedom is controlled by the government.
 Our government is "of the people, by the people and for the people"
Our government is you and me.  If your teacher told you anything else give her an "F".

He didn't, read what i posted carefully. He told me Bush was against the draft, and that it was a democrat (charles wrangler) who tried to pass a bill for it (which he later voted against)
Of the people, by the people, and for the people. Sounds like we control our freedom (which we do) so i don't have to go to a war with none other than this country if i want freedom, since i'm not being governed by this country's government.

Patch, your timeline sucks. I could tell you were young. Not enough thought goes into your words. I do understand your stand, and I do believe you to be more gutsy than many of the men. What happened to our backbone, and fortitude in this country? What was it my father fought for in WW 2? So we could stand around and wet ourselves because of people in the world who are out of control? I say, come ahead, bring me trouble. I will take that trouble and stuff it back on you, right where the sun doesn't shine.Stand up for your country, regardless of who is in charge. And if you don't like the system, then change it.

I agree bugweed, i'm got better things to do than war though. Attack the problem at its source, the government, that way you won't need to go to war.. because there won't be one.

I thought we were talking about the draft. Not who proposed it.
Besides, many of the people that support the draft are republicans :p

wrong, republicans wouldn't even go near the idea of a draft.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 04 2004,7:41)]Our freedom is controlled by the government.
If that's true then it's no longer our goverment and we are no longer Free.

Our freedom is controlled by society. Frankly I find a LOT wrong with society.
I have 0 say on what the government does... I really don't want to be included as the majority.
so government= them.

I just don't want people to say "I" elected anything or what's why things are the way they are. I can't even vote! lol.

for what its worth the 2 Senators(i believe, dont think they were in the house) who brought up the WHOLE issue of a draft were democrats. i can go and find there names and the states they represent if you wish.

here they are:

Rep. Charles B. Rangel, D-N.Y. pushed a draft bill in the house
Sen. Ernest “Fritz” Hollings, D-S.C., pushed a similar bill in the Senate.

Don't get me wrong... democracy is the best govt, but I'm not the majority.

I was talking in reference to what carnivour kid said. It wasn't up for argument by you, i was making it clear what "government" meant in my post..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 04 2004,4:20)]I was talking in reference to what carnivour kid said. It wasn't up for argument by you, i was making it clear what "government" meant in my post..
I assume you mean me AE. Thanks for clearing it up. Your statement sounded to me like the goverment was "them" ruling "us" and not "us ruling us". My bad.

No draft, oh no please.
I odnt want the U.S.A to become the next Bosnia(you HAVE to join the army in Bosnia)

you have to join in china too

or at least they did. you esrved time and got training etc.

and in Mexico they do a lottery to see if you have to or not.
but that's not the point lol.

Back