Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft? no draft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we're going to debate about the draft in school. I really don't like class debates though. I was amazed at how many people wanted the draft back (after all, many of us could be affected by it in a couple of years/now :P) and how many people were undecided.
    so, what do you think?
    and in a totally unrelated subject (I don't really think this deserves it's own post) there was a new species of human discovered in indonesia. the funny thing is, native people have stories about little people that fit the description of the new species.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/afp/20041025/hobbit.html
    creepy huh? sure gets you thinkin'. maybe there are new species of humans somewhere in the depths of the amazone or something... how exciting would that be if they found another one
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanks for the link, very interesting. and as to the draft at the moment i see no need for its return but who knows what the future holds.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah... I'm against a draft.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with reinstituting the draft is that the upper-class families may have their kids get drafted and sent to a conflict zone instead of to a ritzy college. That, of course, is not the American way as we now know it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't think there's a need for it yet, but military enrollment is declining and the situation in Iraq isn't helping that trend. however, i don't think it'll happen. it would be extremely unpopular in this day and age. i would be in support of the draft only if it was truly necessary, for a conflict that had the future of our nation at stake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about the question of WHO should be drafted?
    should it be an universal draft that includes males, females, politicians, rich people, people in college, conciensious (sp?) objectors, etc? or how?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I come from a family of draft dogers and I'm proud to say I would do the same. If this machine continues churning out it's war waste it will be inevitable no matter who gets elected, both have promised "more troops". If I were dragged off to war I would be spending any time off the battlefield in Levinworth or maybe Gitmo these days.

I'll die in the Gitmo torture chambers before I march to anyones orders but my own.

As to who will get sent, look at Vietnam and see who got sent (or allowed themselves to be taken) and who didn't. Don't expect Bush or Kerry's girls or the children of corporate money to be waving swords and leading the troops through the desert sands. It will be mostly middle and lower class people dying in the dust for something at least 50% of them do not believe in. These types of people (including myself) are considered "expendible" by the infrastructure.

As far as "a war worth fighting", I've yet to see one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!!! I'd do anything in my power not to go. If they wanted to draft me, it's off to mexico! :P

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast