Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well stated William.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William's by far the most articulate person i've ever met, thanks for that tam!
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 30 2004,7:50)]Enjoy the simplicity of youth while you can, because adulthood isn't easy, either.
    I am not enjoying it at all witha ll the bullying in school and such. And having no freinds.

So I cant wait untill I grow up. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Yeah, I hate it when adults ALWAYS thinkt hey are right.
    When I tell my dad that hes wrong in soemthing, he INSTANTLY makes the remark:
    "Im the adult, youre the kid. You cant know better then me."
    And he thinks that the wind goes at exact same speeds high up in the sky as it does on the ground. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_o_32.gif[/img]
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that assuming you know better than someone else is not limmited to the parrent-child relationship, either. Remember how it feels, kids, to have your oppinions and feelings disregared as invalid. Make sure you do not visit the same judgement on others for what ever reason.

As a new parent myself, I am of the philosophy that my job is to help my child grow up to a confident, happy, responsible adult. The tough part is that I know people have difficulty learning by being told, and must, as stated in a few other posts, learn from experience.

I can only protect my child from that which she wishes to avoid. Other than that, I have to hope that my council has provided her with the ability to make good decisions.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sure have some great parents here in TF... My dad would of posted "you're too young to understand" by now. I'm definately taking advantage of my childhood, as much of it as i possibly can because I realize that when it's gone, it's gone and i won't get it back.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom is really overprotective sometimes. Example, she thinks every single person that gets on the internet is a murderer. She's still trying to prove that AE is some 37 year old fat ugly bald guy with only one arm and a missing finger that wants me to come over to "play". Some of the things she comes up with is hilarious. I have to sneak SASE's and whatnot to the mailbox or she'll yell at me or something. She underestimates my intelligence cuz I act like a total idiot sometimes. ^_^;
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is at least a few, take a look at this

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how y'all feel.. I live with my grandparents, but they're just like parents, in good and VERY bad ways.. my grandfather is unwilling to accept the fact that he basically doesn't want me to leave the house. Ever. And he wonders why I don't get perfect, top-notch exercise.. it gets kinda boring riding my bike around the block more than once. I manage to sneak out to the block diagnally adjacent to us that edges along the main road once in a while... anyhoo, a few weeks ago, I wanted to go with my uncle Gary to his friend Tim's house to watch the Gators game. Tim's house is AROUND THE CORNER. It was a fight to the END until he let me go. He thought they were gonna be drunk and smoking pot and cussing (CUSSING. I HEAR THAT EVERY DAY. I live amidst every cuss word that EXISTS and I'm completely used to it. It takes a LOT to offend me) and BS like that.. guess what? I went there and there was no drinking or "smoking pot". He never lets me go anywhere, for those reason and some other crap. I ask him, "Why do you not trust my judgement? You should know you can trust me by now!" And he says, "I do trust you!" That was a total paradox. If he trusted me like he says, he'd let me leave the house once in a while. I completely understand that he means well and he's just trying to protect me, but dude, I'm 13.. I have my own mindset, my own judgement, and I know about the world. There's a difference between being vigilant and being overprotective.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast