Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents just dont understand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parents always hit you with the line "your too young" or "your not mature enough yet". Just because me and my parents don't agree with something its because "im too young". Just because i don't agree with you? If i'm not mistaken adults can have disagreements with each other. But since i'm a child and we don't agree with each other its because i'm too young. Automatically. I just wish they would stop and think sometimes because another thing is that they think they are never wrong. It's not necessarily they are right, but not necessarily that i'm right. Just something i thought about and posted. To the parents here on TF - did this happen to you when you were a kid? Do you reconcile with your parents way of thinking or still think that they were out of line?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom gives me that line every time I ask for her to take me job hunting because I don't want to sit around the house all day which she also yells at me for. x_x
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any good parent tries to say "no" as little as necessary - and then try to provide an alternative. We all probably thought our parents were nuts in some of their ideas and ways of handling things. Then you look back and realize that they DID have wisdom in a lot of cases - though not all. There are often, though not always more than one solution to a problem. Sometimes there is a no-win situation. Often times what works for one kid - fails miserably with another. Also, there are some kids that make parents look like geniuses, just because they are naturally obedient, bright, neat, etc... Other kids make decent parents look like total idiots. Parents don't always agree but need to discuss things together, in private, inorderto come up with a cohesive plan. Kids also learn how to divide and conquer / play one parent off the other / deal with the "easy" parent. It is important for parents / adults / anybody to humble themselves before others when they are wrong. Protecting one's pride is desructive to interpersonal relationships. You can't reason with a person who is "never wrong". BTW, we all grow up aying we will do things differently than our parents - and some cases we do improve upon things. Sometimes we scare ourselves and realize that we have BECOME our parents. It is especially ennerving when our kid picks up on our flaws and verbalizes them. AARRGGH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im old and i hav 2jobs, im 18 and i own my own bisness, parents also nag at me, i help pay bills, ive learn independence, and im grown up, im always out of the houz, u kids need to relax and think about the positive side of ur parents and smile, or ull jus sit bak and think negative and Hate them, then run away etc. jus compromise with them and dont try to argue, best way is to HEAR wat THEIR SAYING then respond, i got yelled at for "talking bak" at my dad for ANSWERING his question, kinda retarded, i got mad at him, but i never hold grudges or anything that long, i jus take long breathes and calm down, then after a while i look bak at the arguement and analyze it, who was wrong&right, then everything flows from that.

try to vent urself on a pillow or somthing, it helps
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not understanding azn. I'm not mad and i don't hate my parents. I'm comparing how parents and their children think differently.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i think parents are right sometimes, and wrong other times, it just makes me mad when they use the line youre too young
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Jim:
    So your too young is synonimous with no? Parents need to be clear. How do you expect us to understand? Saying one thing and meaning another isn't good and it'll help to confuse, communication is key when you want anything to work, as therapy like as it sounds. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 30 2004,4:49)]@ Jim:
    So your too young is synonimous with no? Parents need to be clear. How do you expect us to understand? Saying one thing and meaning another isn't good and it'll help to confuse, communication is key when you want anything to work, as therapy like as it sounds. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Not quite. It means "No, you're too young!" lol!

Actually, that's what it often means. But not in the sence of "You won't be able to handle it". More in the line of "don't rush growing up. You only get to be a kid once. Enjoy it while you can." Once you are "grown up" you can't go back to being a kid. Well, you can somewhat, but people just think your crazy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] . Take the "I have a job" thing. Have you ever stopped to think about how much of your life will be spent working? Sure we all wanted to be independent of our parents. But that comes at the cost of being dependent on a job to enable us to be independent individuals. With a job comes taxes, food bills, car payments, house payments, etc. When you get down to it, indepence is more a state of mind than a state of being.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast