User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 54

Thread: Bush voters and cp conservation

  1. #25
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Nov. 01 2004,11:36)]When I blame bush for something, I'm talking facts not accusations. Clinton passed many bills and laws to protect the environment . Bush has never passed one, but Bush has passed laws to let big corporations pollute the environment and he's even did away with many of the laws that Clinton passed, including one that will allow the building of roads through protected lands.
    How can you guys say with a straight face that Bush is better for the environment?
    Facts you say?
    Facts?
    Facts like "Clinton passed many bills and laws to protect the environment . Bush has never passed one."
    are those the kinds of "Facts" you mean?
    hmmmm...

    Fulfilling a commitment he made when he ran for President, President Bush signed historic bipartisan brownfields legislation in 2002, accelerating the cleanup of brownfields to better protect public health, create jobs, and revitalize communities.

    President Bush supported and signed into law a Farm Bill that enhances conservation and environmental stewardship. Under this Administration, funding has nearly doubled for these effective programs. The Farm Bill conservation programs are providing more than $40 billion over a decade to restore millions of acres of wetlands, protect habitats, conserve water, and improve streams and rivers near working farms and ranches.

    Under Bush, he said, the EPA has focused significant research dollars to trace the cause of oxygen-depleted "dead zones" in Lake Erie. It has worked with Ohio officials to solve sewer overflow problems, and has provided more money to clean up polluted industrial sites.
    Bush also signed the Great Lakes Legacy Act, which provides $15 million yearly to clean up polluted sites along the Great Lakes.
    Skinner said the reason the Superfund program is running out of money is because the Clinton administration let a tax that funded it expire. He said EPA is using resources it has to ensure that Superfund cleanups occur.
    Bush's 2004 budget will increase Superfund cleanup money by $150 million over 2003, the EPA said.




    sources:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus....nts.pdf

    http://www.greatlakesdirectory.org/o...reat_lakes.htm

    nice FACTS there huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Bush has never passed one.
    im not allowed to say "you lied"..so instead I will just have to say "in my opinion liberals simply make up "false truths" and present them as facts to spread..ummm..(cant use the word "lie") to spread disinformation hoping the gullible will believe it..and sadly, they believe it in droves"..
    I guess that will have to do..
    Ozzy, actually I DONT belive you lied!
    you probably had no clue that Bush did actually pass those laws. because some people dont want you to know that.
    the "untruth" suits the cause much better..
    im sure you fully believed what you said was true..
    you are a victim of the machine.
    as are many of you..
    Scot

  2. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh please. As if only one side did that.
    And you're the victim of "the machine" (what the heck is that?). Ask any environmental group and they'll tell you bush has reversed the progress on environmental protection.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  3. #27
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Nov. 01 2004,2:35)]Oh please. As if only one side did that.
    thats exactly my point..
    some people here will have us believe that the environment is SOOOOOO much better off under a democrat president.
    and that Bush has passed NO environmental laws..
    Im just proving those misguided notions wrong..
    there are no extremes like that.
    one side is not pure evil, and the other side pure sweet goodness.
    both do good, and both do bad..

    if you dont recognise what "the machine" is,
    then you are under its influence and cant even see that it exists. so I wouldnt be surprised that many people will deny it even exists at all..it works that well.

  4. #28
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Nov. 01 2004,2:35)]Ask any environmental group and they'll tell you bush has reversed the progress on environmental protection.
    are you really suggesting we should look to "Environmental groups" for unbiased truthfull information about the environment?! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    most "Environmental groups" are nothing more than thinly disguised political extremist clubs..
    the environment is VERY low on their list of real priorities..
    Scot

  5. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]both do good, and both do bad..
    Yes. Just because both do good and both do bad does not mean they do it in the same ratio. Bush does more bad than good about the environment. Even if kerry does more bad than good, I believe it would do more good than BUSH.
    It is all relative.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  6. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so who should we look at for environmental issues if not the people who CARE about it? The big rich companies that worsen the environment? That get RICH from messing up the environment?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  7. #31
    scottychaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Western New York, USA
    Posts
    2,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most "Environmental groups" are nothing more than thinly disguised political extremist clubs..
    the environment is VERY low on their list of real priorities..

  8. #32
    SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Greenswamp, NC
    Posts
    13,747
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you 100%. I don't really like democrats or republicans. I pretty much hate all politicians. I don't cloud my brain with either parties crap.
    I just can't live with myself if I vote for the person that has already screwed up everything he has tried to achieve. That's my opinion so you don't have to try and disguise a way to say I'm lying. You want facts, here are some facts for you. I'm doing way worse financially today then I was four years ago. It's harder for me to find a job. This is also true for most of the people I know. I didn't get the wonderful tax rebate that Gw said every tax payer was going to get. Those are facts nobody can deny.
    Here are some opinions. I don't think Gw has any concern about the American people. He don't care if people suffer from disease. If one of his daughters and a terminal disease that could be cured with stem cell research, I bet he'd allow unlimited stem cell research. He don't care if people can afford to pay for the medicine that keeps them alive. He don't care that almost 1500 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis died just so he could get the man that made an attempt on his daddy's life. I'm sorry but I can't vote for a man like that.
    I'll say this, I have never heard of anybody say that Bush has ever done anything positive for the environment. I have only heard negative things. I won't discount the bills and laws you mentioned but I can't say that what you said is the truth either. I'll check into it and see before I make any comments about it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •