What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw the psychiatrist:)

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Hey!,I saw the psychiatrist today and we talked for a while and he said that I have anxiety because of the way I talk and such.....So I don`t know what will be done about that.

Anyways he is going to call doctor Coffin(Follwell got married so new last name......kinda a freeky name for a doctor though???) and have her get radiolagy to test my gallbladder and he has the extra force of the fact that he needs to rule this out to confirm conversion disorder:)(even though he doesn`t think I have conversion disorder) So hopefully I will be tested soon and get my gallbladder out.

And he says the only cases of conversion disorder he`s seen have been in Iraq ,and these where pseudo seizures. And I found out one of the drugs (clonapin) causes seizures when you stop it if you do so to abruptly!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
So thats kinda worrying. Anyhow I have another apointment with him on the 15th.So hopefully this will all be over soon:)

I'm glad these doctors are finally starting to get to the bottom of things. Keep at it noah, it'll be all over soon.
smile.gif

yes!

Thats funny.. because Klonopin (aka Clonazepam) is used to treat and prevent seizures, and to treat anxiety disorders of course. I wouldn't worry too much.. I've been on it quite a while and know many people who have as well, and none have ever had a problem starting or stopping ;)

FYI, Klonopin is a controlled substance because, among other effects, it can be addictive.  It is not a drug to take casually & one needs to be gradually weaned off it to avoid withdrawal reactions.
Good luck with your health care, PondBoy, glad you are well enough to let us know how you are doing!  
biggrin.gif

Yea it says on the side of the bottle:May cause drowsiness,controlled substance etc...... I took up to 10 .5 mg pills at one point:O But that was when I was getting 2500 calories a day. Now I take 4 .5mg tabs a day. Btw.read my new post entitled "gallbladder test tommorow!!!!!!!!!!".:)
I will keep you all informed on how all goes.
Oh,and thanks for everyone being so nice and friendly:)

Btw.how much do you take Purpdew?

Lol.it doesn`t cause drowsiness IME either....

hehe it doesn't make me drowsy either.. I take .5mg 3 to 4 times a day.

Adevan did make me "high" for lack of a better term when they gave me a bit too much in the hospital though,but not drowsed.

Back