Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your vote?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only took me twenty minutes to vote at 10:00 this morning.
    Everyone was polite and they seem well informed as the line moved quickly. The only thing that bothered me were the so called "poll watchers"...mostly lawyers hired by the DNC and RNC...that hung around like a bunch of vultures just waiting for some percieved problem to appear.
    Micheal Moore has 2500 cameramen stationed at various polling locations throughout South Florida to see what kind of dirt they can dig up. Boca Raton passed a law that makes it illegal to photograph voters standing in line and one reporter was hauled off to jail.
    It would be interesting to see how long it took all of you to vote and if you had any "experiences" at your polling place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went at 830 CST this morning. no line or nothing. took me about 5 minutes, i reckon. being in a small town in Wisconsin, i didn't notice any poll watchers or anything like that. however, the little old ladies didn't ask for my ID, which I thought kind of odd and maybe just not right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i voted absentee but Darla voted this morning. took her under 10 minutes.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's because you're not in a minority neighborhood, lauderdale, where you'd find your GOP "poll watchers" doing their best to suppress the minority vote. Just like in 2000 when thousands of eligible minority voters were illegally purged from the rolls. We won't let that happen again.

Oh, I voted yesterday when I was back in the bay area since I'm out of town right now. It was easy and quick, and I didn't see any monitors.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]by capslock - That's because you're not in a minority neighborhood, lauderdale, where you'd find your GOP "poll watchers" doing their best to suppress the minority vote.
    Sounds a little far fetched to me. Do GOP operatives sneak around and kidnap Democratic voters? Or perhaps ply them with liquor, or money, or heaven forbid...women? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Aaaah Ha! Then the DNC poll watchers must go to the rich...who just happen to be a minority... neighborhoods and try to suppress their vote. That would be fair and it would all balance out.
    Just like Bill O'Reilly...fair and balanced.

By the way Caps, are you aware that six of the nineteen 9/11 hijackers were legally registered to vote?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know about the hijackers is that they were mostly Saudis funded through Afghanistan. Not Iraq.

Seriously, I'm all for keeping the vote fair. In California, you don't even have to show ID to vote, which I think is odd. Whether it's purging minority voters or targeting minority neighborhoods, or registering fake voters, or not counting valid votes, it's all a big hit on the legitimacy of our democracy, and anyone taking part in it should be ashamed.

May the best man win!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took my parents all morning, but i guess it's because i live in NYC. They were told of another location uptown so they were over there, and there was only 1 person in line! lol.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Took me 2 seconds because I faxed my absentee ballot.. but from what I've seen there are fairly large lines at most voting locations..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast